Nebbiolo Wine Variety Wineries in Quindalup
Wineries in Quindalup
- [email protected]
- (08) 9755 3300
Established in 1978, Happs is a Margaret River wine pioneer, offering the region’s largest selection of wines in complex of mud-brick buildings including a working pottery in a garden setting.
- Wine Variety:Moscato,Nebbiolo,Fortified,Tempranillo,Tinta Cao,Touriga,Viognier,Cabernet Sauvignon,Gamay,Merlot,Method Traditionale,Petit Verdot,Sangiovese,Sauvignon Blanc,Syrah,Cabernet,Cabernet Franc,Chenin Blanc,Graciano,Malbec,Marsanne,Botrytis Semillon,Dessert,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Cabernet Merlot,Chardonnay,Muscat,Pinot Noir,Semillon,Grenache,Sparkling Rose,Sparkling,Rosé,Shiraz,Verdelho
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Open Days/times:10am - 5pm Everyday
- Cases Produced:14000
- Size & Year:Small (5,000-49,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Facilities:Dogs Welcome,Kids Play Area,Gallery,Picnic Facilities,Cellar Door
- Vineyards:35.2 hectares
- Cellar Door Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays,Monday,Tuesday
- Margaret River:Yallingup
Happs has welcomed visitors to their rustic cellar door for over 35 years. There is a wine for every palate including those allergic to preservatives. Many visitors review us on Trip Advisor. The 4.5 star rating puts the winery in the top 10% globally.
The wines are produced entirely in house from estate-grown fruit from the Quindalup and the larger Karridale vineyard known as Three Hills. The Three Hills property is associated with later ripening, fuller flavour, elegance and finesse. The wine range includes sweet, dry, preservative free, fortified, and sparkling wines.
The rustic cellar door was built in the 1970s and is constructed of handmade mud-bricks. Look closely to see builders’ finger marks on the walls, capturing, “the essence of old school Margaret River". It's warm and inviting. Cellar door staff offer a friendly, educated approach to explain the extensive portfolio of wines.
Take a basket and select from a range of gourmet cheese, meats, pickled vegetables and preserves from more than 15 local producers, pair with some Happs Wine and indulge! Picnic on the lawn, at the outside tables, or inside if it’s a rainy day.
The Commonage Pottery
Happs Pottery began in Vasse in the early 1970s. The current workshop and gallery was built in 1978. See artists at work in the act of creation. A wide range of handicrafts and jewellery from local artisans is available.
Family Owned & Operated Since 1978
Back in the 1970s local high school teachers Erl and Ros Happ, responded to the notion that world class wines could be produced locally. In the words of the Frank Sinatra song 'I did it my way'.
5 Red Stars