Drawing Galleries Art Galleries & Museums in Perth Hills
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Galleries in Perth Hills Region
Kalamunda Modern is a commercial gallery exhibiting the work of professional, international artists. All artwork is unique and exclusive to Kalamunda Modern.
- Open Days/times:Thursday - Saturday 11 am - 4 pm closed public holidays
- Galleries:Drawing,Glass,Installation,Mixed Media,Painting,Sculpture,Ceramics
- Represented Artists:International Artists
- Open Days:Saturday,Thursday,Friday
Kalamunda Modern is housed in the most singular building in Kalamunda. The gallery's recognition is a huge, rammed earth, bobtail lizard, sculpted by Roman Antoniuk and the curved wall at the entrance to the gallery.
Kalamunda lies in the Perth hills east of the city centre. It is the gateway to nearby beauty spots and vineyards and is associated with some of Australia's greatest artists: Howard Taylor, Guy Grey-Smith, Elise Blumann and Robert Juniper.
Kalamunda Modern was inaugurated by John Day, Minister for Culture and the Arts and opened to the public on Friday 20th May 2016 exhibiting the work of international artists Georg Thumbach and Akashi Murakami.
Further exhibitions have included the Australian glass artist Matthew Curtis and German painter Angelika Sieger, German artist Christian Heß and Australian/Danish artist Kirsten Biven and Australian artist Godfrey Blow
ARTWORK FOR YOUR COLLECTION
In between our exhibitions, Kalamunda Modern is delighted to be presenting an eclectic, ever changing selection of artwork by international artists.
Not only for your collection, but also the perfect gift for those who have everything, we have 'just that something special' for your near and dear one.
For more information on this head to our website: http://kalamundamodern.com/?widget=1
The Mundaring Arts Centre is renowned throughout Western Australia as a unique and special place to discover exceptional, locally made art forms.
- Open Days/times:Tuesday - Friday 10am - 5pm, Saturday - Sunday 11am - 3pm
- Open Days:Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
Located in the heart of Mundaring, this Community Arts Centre has operated for over 30 years working with artists and the community to provide festivals, community projects, workshops, outstanding exhibitions and a superb Gallery Gift shop.
MAC works with community partners and artists to present a variety of Festivals throughout the year, including:
• The Mundaring Truffle Festival (July/ August)
• Trek the Trail (September)
• Darlington Arts Festival (November)
• Biennially, the heARTlines Children’s Literature and Book Illustration Festival
A great way to get inspired, celebrate community and get involved!
MAC has a long established relationship with local schools, artists and community groups, working together to deliver recurring Arts projects and developing new projects each year. Find out more about our exciting Arts program and take part in:
• School Holiday Workshops
• Fine Art workshops
• Free Artist Talks
• Artist residencies
• Worn Out Wearable Art (WOWA) project
• Trek the Trail sculpture workshops
Plus much more…
Nest is a design studio specialising in local, quality, handmade art and craft products.
- Open Days/times:Friday - Sunday 10am - 4pm
- Galleries:Ceramics,Craft,Drawing,Glass,Painting,Pottery,Sculpture,Textiles,Mixed Media,Artist Studio,Art Gallery
- Open Days:Saturday,Sunday,Friday
Opened in 2016, Nest is an art and design studio set in the heart of Darlington Village, a unique and very special hills environment. Working closeley with Western Australian artists and artisans, Maya Bouchard, herself an artist, holds a vision to create and exhibit a range of unique artworks and handcrafted items which are 100% Australian made.
Nest is also a centre for workshops and classes with various holistic and art based themes, they are run within gallery throughout the year; exhibitions, musical soirees and seasonal arts and crafts markets are also on the calendar.