Sunday Cellar Door Open Wineries in North Jindong
Wineries in North Jindong
- [email protected]
- 0438 737 587
A tiny, family-run vineyard, with an idyllic micro-climate, making premium wines that have received over 300 wine show medals around Australia since 2010.
- Open Days/times:10am to 4pm Daily.
- Wine Variety:Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Shiraz,Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Sauvignon Blanc
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Cases Produced:3000 cases
- Vineyards:8.6 hectares
- Brands:9 to 5 and After Hours Wine
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Facilities:Cellar Door
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 2001 - 2010
- Margaret River:Carbunup
- Winemaker:Phil Potter
After Hours Wine is a small family vineyard located on the Carbunup River flat, a site known for its fertile alluvial soils. The soils, combined with Margaret River’s Mediterranean climate, provide a great micro-climate for producing high-quality wines. The Matthews family purchased the established vineyard in late 2005 and the following year embarked on the huge, labour-intensive task to transform the vineyard by reworking all of the vines to reduce fruit yields and improve wine quality. All wines are grown, made and bottled at the property by Winemaker Phil Potter
The vineyard grows all of Margaret River’s hero varieties. All their wines, particularly recent vintages of Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignons, have received many Gold Medals at wine shows around Australia. The 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon was a ‘Top 50 Wine’ in the Wine Show of Western Australia, 2016.
Cellar Door tastings are available daily 10am to 4pm