Wednesday Breakfast Open Wineries in Margaret River Central
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Margaret River Central
- [email protected]
- 08 9755 6046
Enjoy 25+ wines & the south-west’s greatest selection of European cheese at the charming, cellar door of this Margaret River pioneer, and then indulge in amazing Spanish tapas at Rustico restaurant.
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Merlot,Chardonnay,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Cabernet Franc,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Dessert,Rose,Sparkling,Botrytis Riesling,Cabernet Sauvignon,Muscat,Petit Verdot,Riesling,Sangiovese
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Lunch Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Breakfast Open:Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays,Monday
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Functions,Gallery,Restaurant,Dogs Welcome
- Margaret River:Wilyabrup
- Cases Produced:24 000
- Winemaker:Michael Kerrigan
- Size & Year:Small (5,000-49,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
Hay Shed Hill is one of a small and prestigious group of pioneer vineyards that have established Margaret River's reputation as a world-class wine producing region. Located in the heart of the Wilyabrup Valley, the premier sub-region of Margaret River, the winery produces single vineyard wines that express the character of this outstanding site.
Respected winemaker Michael Kerrigan has been at the helm since 2006 and his approach has seen this quiet-achieving pioneer rise to new ranks of critical acclaim. The name Hay Shed Hill was given to the estate in the 1980s, named after the hay shed that remains on the historic World War II group settlement property.
One of Margaret River’s more extensive ranges, over 30 wines can be tasted in the Cellar Door daily including Margaret River’s regional classics; Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc Semillon blends, plus some surprises like Tempranillo and Malbec.
Popular Spanish restaurant, Rustico operates its south-west site from Hay Shed Hill, serving up award-winning tapas, share plates and Mediterranean fare from 11am-5pm daily. The generously priced 6 course tapas degustation with optional wine pairing is the most popular choice for diners. (And with good reason!)
Locals may think of Hay Shed Hill for its deli, serving epic pizzas and the region’s largest selection of European cheese. These are available daily too.
5 Red Stars