Brut Wine Variety Wineries in Margaret River Central
Wineries in Margaret River Central
Planted with Margaret River’s most diverse range of grape varieties, discover this organic, single-vineyard’s classic and curio wines at its period cottage tasting room, with unique heritage views.
- Wine Variety:Botrytis Riesling,Cabernet,Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc,Merlot,Petit Verdot,Tawny,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Verdelho,Viognier,Zinfandel,Sparkling,Rosé,Brut,Cabernet Malbec,Grenache,Malbec,Marsanne,Fortified
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Open Days/times:Mon to Sat 10am to 5pm
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Picnic Facilities,Dogs Welcome,Wheelchair Access
- Margaret River:Treeton
- Cases Produced:45000 cases
- Vineyards:65 hectares
- Winemaker:Dave Longden
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000
- Brands:The Bartondale, St Johns, Estate Range, Silverleaf
- Wheelchair Access:Yes
This family owned, single-vineyard property was established in 1999. The Fokkema family selected the site for its ideal gravel loam soils, ample clean water and northern-facing slopes. The vineyard has been farmed organically for 15 years and is in the process of completing its ‘Certified Organic’ accreditation.
The Churchview vineyard is known to grow Margaret River’s most extensive amount of varieties within a single vineyard, with sixteen different types of grapes planted.
The wines are made onsite at the property’s winery. Many are matured in oak, and Churchview prides itself on investing in the best quality French oak. Four wine ranges are made from the diverse varieties within the vineyard and offer easy drinking through to rare and fine collector wines. All the classic Margaret River varieties are made. The St Johns range features less-common varieties including a Zinfandel, Grenache Shiraz Mourvedre, Viognier and Marsanne.
The diverse wine range can be tasted at the Cellar Door which is located within a period cottage at the estate. The Heritage Listed St John the Baptist Anglican Church can be seen from the tasting room, hence the name. Many of the wines cannot be found for purchase anywhere other than the cellar door. Allow 30 minutes for a full tasting. Open 10am-5pm Monday to Saturday.
Dogs are welcome (on leash) and visitors are invited to bring a picnic and make a day of enjoying the beautiful wines, stunning vineyard views and manicured gardens.
Those seeking curio wines will love discovering the wild fermented Riesling, Viognier and Chenin Blanc; varieties not often seen in Margaret River.
4.5 Black Stars
- [email protected]
- 08 9756 5200
Proudly family-owned, Howard Park is the home of sparkling wine in West Australia & a champion of the cool climate Great Southern & world-renowned Margaret River wine regions.
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Pinot Noir,Sparkling,Brut,Cabernet,Cabernet Shiraz,Method Traditionale,Muscat,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Sparkling Rose,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Fortified,Dessert,Rosé
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Open Days/times:7 days 10am-5pm
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Kids Play Area,Picnic Facilities,Functions,Wheelchair Access
- Winemaker:Janice McDonald, Mark Bailey
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000,Medium (50,000-499,999 cases)
- Brands:Howard Park Wines
- Wheelchair Access:Yes. Disabled parking, no stairs, wheelchair-friendly walkways, disabled wheelchair-friendly bathrooms
- Margaret River:Wilyabrup
Since 1986 Howard Park has handcrafted wines of provenance and elegance.
The Howard Park cellar door is a must-see destination in Margaret River, as one of the foremost architectural buildings in the region. The visitor experience is the culmination of one family’s vision, two generations, two wine regions and four vineyards.
Howard Park is the biggest producer of sparkling wines in West Australia, and the only winery in Margaret River to make Champagne-method in-house.
The winery was commended for its architecture by the Royal Australian Institute of Architects in 2000, and judged among the nation’s top 12 buildings by The Sydney Morning Herald. It incorporates traditional Feng shui principles with a contemporary Australian aesthetic.
Calling two wine regions home – Margaret River and Great Southern – has allowed Howard Park to emerge as an Australian leader in crafting Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Riesling, Pinot Noir and methode traditionelle sparkling wines.
This breadth of wine and commitment to pursuing the highest quality fruit makes Howard Park one of the most memorable tasting experiences in Margaret River. Visits are unique & comprehensive in their multi-regional approach.
Set on 138 hectares of vines and native bushland, less than 5 minutes from the town of Cowaramup, the property is a spectacular place to witness the changing of the seasons. The meandering driveway reveals the striking winery building, nestled among native Marri & Jarrah trees.
The Cellar Door itself is surrounded by spacious lawn areas, where guests are invited join one of many annual events, or bring a picnic, borrow a blanket, a bocce set and enjoy a glass of wine under the sun.
A Margaret River pioneer, with wines ranking alongside the world's finest, Leeuwin Estate celebrates fine wine, food, art and music at its award-winning restaurant, winery, cellar door and gallery.
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Wine Variety:Chardonnay,Classic Dry White,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Shiraz,Brut,Cabernet Sauvignon
- Open Days/times:Cellar door: open daily 10am to 5pm, Restaurant: Open for lunch Friday - Tuesday
- Facilities:Functions,Wheelchair Access,Cellar Door,Gallery,Restaurant
- Cellar Door Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays,Monday,Tuesday
- Dinner Open:Saturday
- Lunch Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Vineyards:121 hectares
- Winemaker:Tim Lovett, Phil Hutchison and Breac Wheatley
- Margaret River:Wallcliffe
- Cases Produced:50,000 cases
Family-owned Leeuwin Estate, one of the five founding wineries of the now famous Margaret River wine region, is under the stewardship of three generations, who work with a team of highly skilled winemakers to consistently produce wines ranking alongside the world's finest.
In 1972, legendary Napa Valley winemaker, Robert Mondavi, identified the future site of the Leeuwin vineyard as being ideal for the production of premium wine and provided early mentorship to Denis and Tricia Horgan in the transformation of their cattle farm into Leeuwin Estate. Enjoying its first commercial vintage in 1979, Leeuwin was thrust into the international spotlight when Decanter Magazine gave its highest recommendation to the 1981 "Art Series" Chardonnay. The international accolades have continued and Leeuwin now exports to 30 markets. Celebrating the combination of fine wine, food, art and music, Leeuwin features an award-winning restaurant, cellar door and art gallery. The Estate is renowned for staging spectacular events and welcoming visitors from around the world.
With a focus on Margaret River’s hero wine varieties, the Leeuwin Estate Art Series, Prelude and Siblings labels are regional benchmarks and share a place amongst the great wines of Australia, receiving ongoing international acclaim and attention.
Taste the range daily from 10am – 5pm at Leeuwin's cellar door. Alternatively, discover more of Leeuwin Estate story with a host of tour experiences. A range of tours operate and can be booked in advance.
Overlooking a meadow surrounded by forest and majestic karri trees, Leeuwin features an award-winning restaurant, pairing exceptional seasonal produce from WA with its wines, including special museum-release vintages. Enjoy Chef's Daily Three-Course Menu, or the outstanding six-course Tasting Menu. Open for lunch Friday - Tuesday inclusive.
The Leeuwin Estate Art Gallery exhibits works by Australian artists, including many of the original paintings that feature on its icon Art Series wine labels.
Described as one of Australia’s most extraordinary concerts, The Leeuwin Concert is one of Margaret River’s most famous events. Since 1985, it has attracted an enviable list of international performers from Ray Charles to Diana Ross, Sting, James Taylor and Simply Red. Held annually in February and March, visit the Leeuwin Estate website for ticket information.
Short on time? Take a day trip from Perth aboard a private charter flight to Leeuwin Estate's private airstrip.
5 Red Stars
MadFish Wines is named after a remote beach in West Australia, where legend tells of colliding tides causing schools of fish to leap out of water in confusion and chaos.
- Open Days/times:Open daily 10am to 5pm
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Wine Variety:Brut,Cabernet,Cabernet Merlot,Classic Dry White,Rosé,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Prosecco,Riesling,Shiraz,Dessert,Sparkling,Malbec,Merlot Blend,Method Traditionale,Petit Verdot,Pinot Gris,Sauvignon Blanc,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon
- Brands:MadFish Wines
- Wheelchair Access:Yes. Disabled parking, no stairs, wheelchair access, disabled bathrooms, wheelchair-friendly bathrooms
- Winemaker:Janice McDonald
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Kids Play Area,Picnic Facilities
- Cellar Door Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday
- Margaret River:Wilyabrup
- Size & Year:Medium (50,000-499,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
The prehistoric landscape and raw, wild coastline of South West WA has been the inspiration behind MadFish since it was first created in 1992. With grapes sourced from throughout the Margaret River and Great Southern wine regions, we try to capture these precious landscapes in a bottle, with their prehistoric soils, battered ocean cliffs, foaming surf and calm turquoise beaches.
The elements that define the MadFish range – wild, coastal and pure – are also what immerse visitors at our home, the Margaret River region.
Less than 5 minutes’ drive from world famous beaches and surf spots in the heart of Margaret River wine country, our vineyard and cellar door allow you to experience the nature, surroundings and laid-back lifestyle that inspired MadFish.
The MadFish range includes an ever-evolving line-up of small batch alternative varieties, made in experimental styles and available only at cellar door.
We always have fizz on pour, like the MadFish Vera’s Sparkling Cuvée and Prosecco, both made by us with specialist equipment in-house.
Set on 138 hectares of native bushland less than 5 minutes from the town of Cowaramup, the property is a spectacular place to witness the changing of the seasons. The winding tree-lined driveway passes a traditional old settler cottage and the famous Willyabrup Creek on its way to the cellar door.
The cellar door is surrounded by spacious lawn areas, where you can bring a picnic, borrow a bocce set and enjoy a glass or bottle of wine under the sun. In winter, cosy up inside on the couches with a wine by the fire. The building itself is a must-see example of award-winning architecture, built according to Feng Shui principles.
Our contemporary, cool climate wine styles are noted for their pure, fresh and clean characteristics, where the flavour of the fruit is the primary character.