Cabernet Franc Wine Variety Wineries in Forest Grove
Wineries in Forest Grove
- [email protected]arlewood.com.au
- (08) 9757 6676
A wow-factor James Halliday Dark Horse Winning winery, creating European inspired wines with a refreshing Margaret River twist, available for tasting at the cellar door Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Open Days/times:Thursday to Sunday from 11am
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Nebbiolo,Sauvignon Blanc,Semillon,Cabernet Franc,Merlot
- Cellar Door Open:Saturday,Sunday,Friday
- Cases Produced:3000 cases
- Vineyards:6 hectares
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Dogs Welcome
- Margaret River:Karridale
- Brands:VILLAGGIO, Arlewood, La Bratta
Winner of James Halliday’s Dark Horse Winery of the Year 2017, Arlewood is a family-owned, boutique producer making elegant wines the Gosatti family and friends love to drink.
Arlewood's winemaking is inspired by the village of La Bratta in Northern Italy where hands-on owner Gary Gossatti’s ancestors were grape growers for the local community winery. The label began back in 1984 and in 2009 relocated to the cooler Forest Grove property, located 10km south of Margaret.
Margaret River’s signature varieties are made with creative and intuitive winemaking techniques. Look out for the European inspired La Bratta Bianco and La Bratta Rosso. The Bianco has been a major hit with the critics, with James Halliday naming it a ‘Wow Factor White’ and saying it was, “a wine that brought goose-bumps due to my unabashed love of fine white Bordeaux… This is a tour de force of winemaking, underlain by a profound love and understanding of the fruit and its origins.”
Laid back, tastings of all the wines are available from 11am Friday, Saturday and Sunday. A must see secret cellar door.
5 Black Stars
Love Arlewood wines? Our club members have access to Chardonnay, project wines, organic olive oil from the farm, back vintages, plus free shipping and discounts. Check out our offerings on the website.