Discover highly original, intriguing small-batch, 'lo-fi' wines made from a mix of rare and classic varietals at this new-gen winemaker and urban cellar door in Margaret River town.
- Open Days/times:Thur/Fri/Sat 11am to 4pm; Tastings at the winery are by appointment only.
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Sauvignon Blanc
- Brands:Wine by Brad, Amato Vino, Mantra
- Cases Produced:5000 cases
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Appointment Only
Established in 2003 by owner and winemaker Brad Wehr, Amato Vino embraces a minimal intervention winemaking philosophy, focused on ancient techniques, natural processes, gentle fruit handling, wild-ferments and minimal science. This old-school approach permits an exciting range of creativity within the estate's eclectic variety of wines produced from impressive fruit parcels in Margaret River and the Riverland region of South-Eastern Australia.
The three brands within Wehr's portfolio are Wine by Brad, Mantra and Amato Vino, encompassing lesser-seen varieties like Nero d'Avola, Fiano, Bela, Montepulciano, Nebbiolo, Teroldego, Carignano, Graciano, Tannat, Tempranillo and Trosseau, alongside regional favourits; Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon.
Amato Vino's 'Urban Cellar Door' is open at the Margaret River Collaborative for wine tastings and sales from Thursday to Sunday, 11am - 4pm.