MadFish Wines is named after a remote beach in West Australia, where legend tells of colliding tides causing schools of fish to leap out of water in confusion and chaos.
- Open Days/times:Open daily 10am to 5pm
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Wine Variety:Brut,Cabernet,Cabernet Merlot,Classic Dry White,Malbec,Merlot Blend,Method Traditionale,Petit Verdot,Pinot Gris,Sauvignon Blanc,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Prosecco,Riesling,Shiraz,Dessert,Sparkling,Rosé
- Brands:MadFish Wines
- Wheelchair Access:Yes. Disabled parking, no stairs, wheelchair access, disabled bathrooms, wheelchair-friendly bathrooms
- Winemaker:Janice McDonald
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Kids Play Area,Picnic Facilities
The prehistoric landscape and raw, wild coastline of South West WA has been the inspiration behind MadFish since it was first created in 1992. With grapes sourced from throughout the Margaret River and Great Southern wine regions, we try to capture these precious landscapes in a bottle, with their prehistoric soils, battered ocean cliffs, foaming surf and calm turquoise beaches.
The elements that define the MadFish range – wild, coastal and pure – are also what immerse visitors at our home, the Margaret River region.
Less than 5 minutes’ drive from world famous beaches and surf spots in the heart of Margaret River wine country, our vineyard and cellar door allow you to experience the nature, surroundings and laid-back lifestyle that inspired MadFish.
The MadFish range includes an ever-evolving line-up of small batch alternative varieties, made in experimental styles and available only at cellar door.
We always have fizz on pour, like the MadFish Vera’s Sparkling Cuvée and Prosecco, both made by us with specialist equipment in-house.
Set on 138 hectares of native bushland less than 5 minutes from the town of Cowaramup, the property is a spectacular place to witness the changing of the seasons. The winding tree-lined driveway passes a traditional old settler cottage and the famous Willyabrup Creek on its way to the cellar door.
The cellar door is surrounded by spacious lawn areas, where you can bring a picnic, borrow a bocce set and enjoy a glass or bottle of wine under the sun. In winter, cosy up inside on the couches with a wine by the fire. The building itself is a must-see example of award-winning architecture, built according to Feng Shui principles.
Our contemporary, cool climate wine styles are noted for their pure, fresh and clean characteristics, where the flavour of the fruit is the primary character.