Enjoy some of the region’s oldest vines and wines with a reputation for consistent high-quality, a tasting with the friendly team on the lawn beside the Wilyabrup Brook or in front of the log fire.
- Open Days/times:7 days 10am-5pm
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Wine Variety:Botrytis Riesling,Cabernet Merlot,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Fiano,Rosé,Malbec,Method Traditionale,Tempranillo,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Semillon,Shiraz
- Brands:Juniper Estate, Juniper Small Batch, Juniper Crossing
- Cases Produced:12 000
- Vineyards:19.5 Hectares
- Wheelchair Access:Wheelchair-modified bathroom available
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Picnic Facilities,Dogs Welcome
Originally called Wright’s and planted in 1973 on excellent soils beside the Wilyabrup Brook, the property was renamed Juniper by the late Roger Hill and wife Gillian Anderson in 1998.
The site has a rich history. In the 19th century the road from Busselton to the south of Margaret River ran through what is now the vineyard, hence the wine range called “the Crossing”. The present block was created by a sub division by the Junipers, a well-known Western Australian artist family.
The vineyard is unirrigated and the vines hand-pruned and hand-picked at vintage. It was originally planted with Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz and Semillon and subsequent plantings of Petit Verdot, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Malbec in 1999. Winemaker Mark Messenger has a longstanding reputation for the excellent quality and regional typicity of his wines which are made onsite at Juniper Estate’s state of the art facilities.
Enjoy a picturesque setting in the serene part of Wilyabrup, with views of rolling hills and the vineyards. Wines by the glass or bottle can also be enjoyed on a peaceful lawn beside the Wilyabrup Brook or in winter, beside the log fire on the winery’s comfy leather couches.
5 Red Stars