Winner of (4) MBA Awards; • MBA SW Home of the Year 2011 ($750,000 - $1,000,000) • Silver Trowel for excellence in Bricklaying • Excellence in Carpentry Award (fit-out) • Water-wise Home of the Year
- Home Design Block Size:> 1000m
- Home Design Style:Coastal,European,Federation,Heritage,Traditional
- Home Design Type:Custom Built Home,New Home,Single Storey
- Kitchen Design:Large,Traditional
- Landscape Design Size:> 1000m
- Landscape Design Type:Pools
Master Builders Association South-West Home of the Year 2011.
This home was born out of a unique brief from our client, who wanted to recreate elements from his childhood home in Europe, but at the same time retain the South West flavour of Colonial Australia.
The result is this magnificent country home. The intricate use of heavy timber beam-work internally and decorative timber fretwork outside not only won the MBA award for best carpentry, but gave the home an organic, hand-built feel in keeping with its historic inspiration.
With the added features of a face brick fireplace, jarrah bush-poles, timber cabinetwork, jarrah windows, solid timber doors and a swimming pool, the residence is a perfect compliment to its bush valley surrounds with ocean views.