We are looking for an enthusiastic, confident and self-motivated Content & Marketing Manager to oversee the Content Team at Scoop and handle all client accounts. This full-time position is based in Subiaco, Perth, and reports directly to the Managing Director.
Excellent communication skills are a must, along with previous stakeholder / account management experience and the ability to drive advertising sales. The right candidate will be a team player with exceptional interpersonal and project management skills. This is an intense, hands-on position with broad responsibilities covering marketing, account management, sales, content strategy, and team leadership.
You will be responsible for managing a small team of content coordinators, along with overseeing the internship program. This is a rare opportunity to work in an exciting, fast-paced media environment, and you will have significant freedom to drive content strategy.
We are looking for an immediate start and applications should be submitted by Wednesday July 7. See the job on Seek here.
With origins in magazine publishing, Scoop has been one of WA’s most trusted media brands for more than 20 years, providing our clients with repeat-access to affluent locals and visitors looking for the very best of arts, events, lifestyle & travel in WA.
In addition to the Scoop Media business, we have invested heavily in the development of our content licencing platform Localista, which allows us to provide clients with fully-customisable content and the ability to create, save and share customised lists and trails. Using this platform, we have built WA’s most comprehensive guide to arts, events, travel & lifestyle, representing more than 8,000 organisations and 5,000 events across the network every year, with content currently displaying on over 30 websites.
Through our trusted media brands, websites, newsletters, social media and content-licensing network, we provide our clients with access to more than 100,000 engaged users per month, focused specifically on the high-spending AB market aged 30 years and above.
- Managing client accounts for several partners in the arts, events, lifestyle and tourism sectors, delivering campaigns through Scoop channels and reporting back to clients with results.
- Sourcing and securing repeat business and advertising clients including making sales calls, producing and sending sales pitches, and meeting with clients.
- Managing the Scoop team and internship program, including conducting interviews, providing feedback and monitoring team tasks and progress.
- Providing business development support to the MD in producing PowerPoint presentations and partnership proposals.
- Overseeing the content strategy for Scoop, including generating editorial and managing content for website, weekly e-newsletter and social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn).
- Overseeing the Localista (listings directory) side of the business, providing strong support to the MD in pursuit of Localista development goals.
- Reviewing and producing Policy & Procedure documentation and conducting staff training.
- General office administration duties including reception, invoicing, office maintenance, and team rostering.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a communications, media or marketing role
- Experience managing teams in a fast-paced environment, working to tight deadlines
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Confidence on the phone and excellent verbal communication skills
- Exceptional writing skills and editing skills
- Social Media skills (Facebook, Instagram & Twitter)
- Experience using CMS such as WordPress
- Effective planning, organisation and strong analytical skills
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft suite (especially Excel & Powerpoint)
- Significant freedom in driving the content strategy
- Work in a bright & spacious office in Subiaco on Rokeby Road
- Work with exciting partners in arts, events & tourism
- Attend awesome events throughout the year as media representative from Scoop
This is a great opportunity for a communications and content professional wanting to demonstrate their full breadth of skills, with lots of flexibility for growth.
To apply, please send a brief cover letter outlining your suitability for the role along with your CV to [email protected].