Chardonnay Semillon Wine Variety Wineries in Western Australia
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Western Australia
The Calneggia Family Vineyard produces an extensive range of fruit-driven wines with an uncompromised commitment to quality.
- Open Days/times:Mon to Fri 8:30am to 5pm
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Merlot,Chardonnay Semillon,Pinot Gris,Rose,Sauvignon Blanc,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Shiraz Cabernet,Sparkling,Tempranillo,Prosecco
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000
- Breakfast Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
- Lunch Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
- Winemaker:Brian Fletcher
- Facilities:No Cellar Door
- Brands:Rosabrook, Bunkers, Calneggia, Bramble Lane, Brian Fletcher Signature Wine
The Calneggia family have owned vineyards in the Margaret River region for over twenty five years.
- [email protected]
- 0419 941 107
A small family winery with an expansive range of vintage wines to be enjoyed whilst relaxing at the open bar and on handcrafted jarrah picnic tables on the ridge of the stunning Bickley Valley.
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Merlot,Chardonnay,Chardonnay Semillon,Shiraz,Classic Dry White,Port,Semillon,Sparkling
- Wine Region:Perth Hills
- Open Days/times:Weekends & public holidays 9am to 5pm
- Cellar Door Open:Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Picnic Facilities
- Vineyards:0.5 hectares
- Winemaker:Bella Ridge Estate (Alon Arbel)
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000
- Cases Produced:700 cases
- Perth Hills:Bickley Valley
As Kalamunda locals, Dennis and Carline Humphrey are no strangers to the terrain of the Perth Hills. With encouragement from local wine guru Peter Fimmel, Chardonnay and Semillon varieties were first planted in 1998 on the famous Red Gum soil high on the western ridge of the Bickley Valley.
Carldenn Homestead Wines offer an expansive variety of reds, whites and sparkling wines designed to appeal to any palette. Each vintage has a unique character with different complexities, from the fresh fruit and creamy finish of the unwooded Chardonnay to the full-bodied, bold and delicious Shiraz.
Located amongst the bushland of Walliston, Carldenn Homestead's cellar door includes an open bar and picnic area with handcrafted jarrah tables made by Dennis himself. After eating and drinking, you are free to wander amongst the vines.
Visit one of Geographe region’s most awarded boutique wineries, featuring a quaint restaurant serving fresh, estate-grown marron and local produce to complement their distinct premium wines.
- Open Days/times:Friday, Saturday, Sunday 10am-4pm
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Wine Variety:Fortified,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Shiraz,Zinfandel,Cabernet,Chardonnay Semillon,Classic Dry White,Shiraz Cabernet,Rose
- Brands:Smallwater Estate
- Cases Produced:1,500-2,499
- Vineyards:5 hectares
- Winemaker:Bruce Dukes
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Dogs Welcome,Functions,Kids Play Area,Wheelchair Access
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Cellar Door Open:Saturday,Sunday
- Wheelchair Access:Yes
Nestled on the hillside of Newlands just south of Donnybrook, Smallwater Estate was purchased by John Small in 1993 with the intention of developing a marron farm and a vineyard to grow contract grapes. For ten years the grapes were supplied to established wineries, with Smallwater wine (a tiny parcel of Zinfandel) made in 2006.
The near-perfect Mediterranean climate of the Geographe region is ideally suited to growing quality grapes. The estate's abundance of pure, fresh water and sunny days also permit for the estate's production of award-winning wines that are characteristic of the area.
Varieties include unwooded and barrel-fermented Chardonnays, Rose made from Zinfandel, Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon and a Vintage Port.
Just 15 minutes drive south of Donnybrook, enjoy tastings of the dynamic, estate-grown wines, set with views of the vineyard, marron dams and hillsides of Newlands at the Smallwater cellar door. Open Saturday 11am - 4pm Sunday
The Restaurant and Deck area are perfect for event and venue hire, and we can arrange catering for weddings, parties or just group bookings.