Wednesday Dinner Open Wineries in Western Australia
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Western Australia
Join the Hillier family at this estate producing a range of sumptuous wines, beers, ciders and a tasty tapas, best enjoyed on the estate's cosy verandah!
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Classic Dry White,Merlot,Shiraz,Verdelho,Viognier,Sparkling,Fortified,Rose,Dessert,Port
- Open Days/times:Wed to Sun 11am to 4pm
- Wine Region:Central WA
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Light Food,Picnic Facilities,Restaurant
- Cellar Door Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Dinner Open:Wednesday,Friday,Saturday,Holidays
- Lunch Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Vineyards:24 hectares
- Winemaker:Jane Gilham
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000,Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases)
- Cases Produced:2000
Established in 2000 by the Hillier family, the estate is a single vineyard producer that also operates a microbrewery and accommodation from its premises. Situated 5km north of Collie, on the eastern border of the Geographe Wine Region, this prime location provides ironstone gravel soils and a cool altitude to enable production of premium wines with finesse and flavour.
Harris River produce Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Merlot, Shiraz, Verdelho and Chardonnay. They also have the unique offer of purchasing wine in a keg, perfect for events or who like to keep their environment footprint minimal.
Cellar Door & Restaurant
Complimentary wine and beer tastings can be enjoyed alongside a tasty, seasonal tapas grazing menu. Open Wednesday to Sunday 12pm - 3:30pm. The restaurant is open for light, healthy breakfasts and tapas lunches from Friday to Sunday, 10am - 4pm. Visitors can dine alfresco on the verandah, have a picnic on the lawn, or sit inside the restaurant beside a cosy log fire.
- [email protected]
- (08) 9409 9160
One of WA’s most reputable and respected boutique, family-owned wineries, with unique underground cellar, renowned stone and jarrah restaurant built in 1982 and award-winning wines.
- Wine Variety:Muscat,Pinot Noir,Port,Shiraz,Sparkling Shiraz,Sparkling,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc,Grenache,Merlot,Method Traditionale,Dessert,Fortified
- Open Days/times:Restaurant: Wed – Sat Dinner, Fri Lunch | Cellar door: Mon – Sat 11am – 5pm
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday
- Lunch Open:Friday
- Dinner Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday
- Cases Produced:4000
- Facilities:Restaurant,Cellar Door,Functions
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases)
Defined as Sicilian passion with an Australian twist, Paul Conti wines was once a family home to eight children and is now a modern winery with restaurant.
Located only 30 minutes north of Perth, the Woodvale property is an oasis of fruit and olive trees, manicured gardens and stunning rose bushes among the ever-expanding urban sprawl, a special retreat from the every-day grind.
The cellar door is located below the oasis of fruit, olive trees and manicured gardens, enveloped in the scents of oak barrels and fermenting wine. The below ground cellar door features all Paul Conti products plus exclusives to the cellar door. Visitors are welcome to sit outdoors in the alfresco area which hosts quarterly events with the opportunity to try the full wine range. Cheese and charcuterie platters are also available in the veranda area but must be advised in advance. The Cellar door is open Monday to Saturday 11am to 5pm.
Conti’s Restaurant has been consistently nominated as one of the State’s ‘Best Restaurants at a Winery’ since 1998.
Originally built in 1928 as the original family home that Paul shared with his parents and seven siblings, in 1982 the home was renovated into the fine dining restaurant, with high ceilings, original antique fixtures and jarrah floor boards.
A regular haunt for local clientele, The roomy layout, high ceilings and forgiving stone walls cool during the summer, while the pot-belly fire and cosy entrance lounge makes the restaurant equally popular in winter,
The menu has a local-produce focus including fresh oysters, roast duck breast, garlic prawns, carpet-bag steak and succulent veal rib-eye.
The restaurant is only open Friday for lunch, and Wednesday though to Saturday for dinner. The restaurant is also popular for intimate wedding celebrations, anniversaries, birthdays and business luncheons.
From humble beginnings in 1948, Paul Conti Wines has become one of WA’s most reputable and respected boutique, family-owned wineries.
Before it was a winery, in 1927 the Woodvale property was home to the Conti family who lived their self-sufficient lifestyle of growing vegetables, making pasta, cheese and milk from the resident cow to nurturing vines to create wine. In the 1940’s Carmelo Conti begun planting vines to expand to a modest sized vineyard whereby the cellar was located underneath the family house, dug out by the Conti brothers, still existing today.
From 1968 Carmelo’s son Paul began upgrading the small winery to a larger more premium winery where early success was achieved with the Shiraz. The wines to this day are still created with some of the original vines planted on the property.
Known locally for its lively atmosphere and delicious wines, rustic woodfired pizza, upbeat music, open fires, cosy corners and a huge lawn that offers some of the best views in Margaret River.
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Open Days/times:10am - 5pm Everyday
- Wine Variety:Shiraz,Sparkling,Tempranillo,Cabernet Merlot,Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc,Malbec,Rose,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon
- Dinner Open:Holidays,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Lunch Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Cellar Door Open:Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Restaurant,Dogs Welcome
- Margaret River:Yallingup
- Cases Produced:20000
- Vineyards:5 hectares
- Size & Year:Small (5,000-49,999 cases),Established 2001 - 2010
- Winemaker:Brian Fletcher
The name Swings & Roundabouts celebrates the creative and skilled balancing act performed by nature and their winemakers to develop the individuality and quality in the bottle. What you lose on the swings, you pick up on the roundabouts.
No-one knows where the expression originally came from, but there does seem to be a consistent meaning across the many corners of the world. Think coins falling out of your pockets, then finding a couple of notes in the sand. Maybe it does all work out evenly in the end?
Swings & Roundabouts has a strong belief in the “Mediterranean” style of northern Margaret River fruit that makes the wines great for drinking, with or without food. Skilled winemaking and carefully selected fruit delivers consistent value-for-money, premium wines. It's classic Margaret River - fresh, creative, friendly and loads of backyard fun!
Yallingup Cellar Door
The Yallingup Cellar Door is a comfortable, versatile space, filled with upbeat music, open fires, cosy corners and a huge lawn with some of the best views in Margaret River. Enjoy a casual menu, shared plates, woodfired pizza, epic desserts and kid-friendly options. There’s also a serious coffee machine!
Located in Margaret River town, Taphouse is the local’s Local. Swings & Roundabouts wines on tap, guest wines from other local heroes and simple, rustic food loaded with delicious flavours. Open daily, 12pm – late.
4.5 Black Stars
- [email protected]
- 08 9848 1555
Discover the finesse, balance and quality of the unique Willoughby Park Great Southern wines at this family-friendly cellar door, restaurant and brewery, just 3.5km from Albany.
- Wine Region:Great Southern
- Open Days/times:Cellar door: Mon to Sun 11am to 5pm; Restaurant: Mon to Thur 10am to 7pm, Fri & Sat 10am to 10pm, Sunday 10am to 9pm
- Wine Variety:Merlot,Riesling,Rose,Cabernet Merlot,Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc,Sauvignon Blanc,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz
- Dinner Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Lunch Open:Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays,Monday
- Great Southern:Denmark
- Cases Produced:13000
- Vineyards:19 hectares
- Winemaker:Michael Ng
- Size & Year:Small (5,000-49,999 cases),Established 2001 - 2010
- Facilities:Restaurant,Cellar Door
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
Established in 2000 and purchased in 2010 by Bob and Marilyn Fowler, Willoughby Park makes a range of dry grown single vineyard wines. The wines are made from the best hand-picked premium fruit from the estate-owned vineyards (and one vineyard partner in the Porongurups). They are made with natural yeast, first class French oak and open fermenters.
The Willoughby Park, Ironrock, Kalgan River and Jamie & Charli ranges feature varieties of Chardonnay, Cabernet Merlot, Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc, Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Rose, Sauvignon Blanc Semillon and Merlot.
Overlooking the picturesque Willoughby Park vineyard and beside its Boston Brewery and Restaurant, Willoughby Park’s charming cellar door provides a relaxed, friendly atmosphere to enjoy a selection of wines for tasting. Open daily from 11am - 5pm.
Open for lunch and dinner each day, the restaurant serves an original, gastro-pub style menu with small share plates through to meals and woodfired pizzas for the whole family. Head Chef Damian Gates sources the freshest local produce to compliment complements the range of Willoughby wines and Boston brews. Open Sunday to Thursday 10am - 9pm and Friday to Saturday 10am - 10pm.
5 Red Stars
The estate also features the Boston Brewing Co, a family-run business utilising an 18-hectolitre system to produce a range of bright, smooth ales.
- [email protected]
- 9571 8069
Surrounded by natural bush and birdlife at the foothills of the Chittering Valley wine trail this family-friendly winery and restaurant offers deliciously simple food and award-winning regional wines.
- Open Days/times:Wed to Sat 11:30am onwards
- Wine Region:Perth Hills
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Shiraz,Chardonnay,Rose,Verdelho
- Lunch Open:Saturday,Sunday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
- Dinner Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Perth Hills:Chittering Valley
- Vineyards:2 hectares
- Winemaker:Ryan Sudano
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Functions,Restaurant
- Cases Produced:525 cases
- Cellar Door Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Size & Year:Micro (1-999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
Stringybark Winery and Restaurant was established in 1985 and named after Stringybark Creek in North Eastern Victoria. In much earlier times, Stringybark Creek and Australian bushranger Ned Kelly became folklore following a shootout with Sgt. Kennedy and Constables Scanlon and Lonigan.
Only a 50 minute drive from Perth, this casual, family-friendly restaurant has a roaring log-fire and a range of traditional favourites on the menu, including pizzas, pastas and rustic home-style meals.
Stringybark vineyard is one of the oldest in the Chittering Valley and produces a limited quantity of hand-picked Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay and Verdelho grapes. This limited production combined with the special regional characteristics of the Chittering Valley helps to produce wines with intensity and distinctive varietal character.