Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases) Size & Year Wineries in West Swan
Wineries in West Swan
- [email protected]
- 0428 349 855
A rustic winery with great live music on the weekends, delightful hand-crafted wines, signature gourmet pies and the occasional artisan market too!
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Open Days/times:Cellar door: Mon to Fri 11am to 4pm,Sat/Sun 11am to 5pm
- Wine Variety:Sparkling,Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc,Shiraz,Verdelho,Fortified,Dessert,Rosé,Sparkling Shiraz
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 2001 - 2010
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Light Food
- Vineyards:2.5 acres
- Brands:Ugly Duckling
This family-owned, boutique winery began making Chardonnay and Shiraz back in 2007. Their premium wine range is 100% locally grown and crafted includes sparkling wines, sweet to dry still wines, a dessert wine and a liqueur.
The cellar door is located in a charming, rustic cottage with a popular, dog-friendly outdoor dining area.
Complimentary wine tastings are available for groups of less than six. Groups of six or more can select from a range of wine tasting experiences starting from $5 per guest. All guests can upgrade their tasting with a selection of gourmet cheese and Turkish bread.
No visit is complete without tasting one of the winery’s speciality gourmet pies, some of which are made with Ugly Duckling Wines! Alternatively, graze over a platter and soak up fantastic views across the Swan Valley to the Perth Hills. Weekends offer a great atmosphere, enhanced with live and local music. A Market Day is usually held on the last Sunday of the month and features a range of artisan mosaics, jewellery, toys, games, woodwork, vintage items and more. (Visit the Ugly Duckling Wines website to check for specific dates).
Ugly Duckling Wines is open 11am – 4pm Monday to Friday and 11am – 5pm on weekends.
Not yet rated
Vino Volta is the wine child of Garth Cliff and Kristen McGann. Calling on a collective 40 years of experience. Small batch, Single Vineyard and Blends. Contemporary, Experimental and Natural.
- Open Days/times:Appointment Only
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Wine Variety:Chenin Blanc,Grenache,Tempranillo,Touriga,Fortified
- Brands:Vino Volta
- Cases Produced:1000
- Vineyards:3 hectares contracted, more developing
- Winemaker:Garth Cliff and Kristen McGann
- Facilities:Appointment Only
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 2011 - 2019
Vino Volta makes tasty, quaffable medium bodied wines. We like to experiment. We like to play.
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. We are rallying the star varieties - Chenin Blanc and Grenache - of the Swan Valley / Swan District.
We explore grape varieties that should be suited to Swan Valley and our warming climate. We would love to be able to source from within the district and hope to in the long term. For now, we need to source from other regions within Western Australia.
Small batch, showcasing single vineyards but equally happy to blend. Some varieties and some vineyards need a little help from their friends. Whatever works to make the most expressive wines.
Keep experimenting, keep learning and hopefully come up with something new or just so old that nobody remembers what it is…
Let other winemakers, vineyards and wine regions do what they are good at and buy / swap our wines for theirs. Let’s stop making everything everywhere and stick to what we are good at.