Peel Wine Region Wineries in Wandering
Wineries in Wandering
Enjoy award-winning Wheatbelt wine and homely, country café dining at this quaint and friendly, rammed-earth and timber cellar door just 1.5 hours south-east of Perth.
- Open Days/times:Cellar door & cafe' open Fri-Sun
- Wine Variety:Fortified,Cabernet Sauvignon,Merlot,Semillon,Shiraz,Vermentino
- Wine Region:Peel
- Vineyards:5.5 hectares
- Winemaker:Reuben Steer
- Facilities:Cellar Door
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000
- Cellar Door Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Lunch Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday
Tanglefoot is a family owned and operated vineyard located in Wandering, 1.5 hours south-east of Perth. The vines are over 20 years old and grape varieties grown include Semillon, Zinfandel Tintacao, Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Primivito and Merlot. All available to purchase by the glass or bottle at the cellar door.
The rammed-earth cellar door is a highlight in itself, utilising local timbers, Jarrah, Sheoak and Salmon Gum for a homely, country ambience. Drop-in wine tastings are available, or stay a while and enjoy a delightful morning tea, afternoon tea and lunch at Tanglefoot’s Cafe . Open Friday to Sunday 10am - 5pm.