Cabernet Merlot Wine Variety Wineries in Southern Forests
Wineries in Southern Forest
- [email protected]
- (08) 9772 4255
Taste highly acclaimed Pinot Noir, Verdelho, Merlot and more from a boutique Manjimup wineries that is reimagining cool-climate wines in WA from their modern cellar door.
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Merlot,Chardonnay,Merlot,Pinot Noir,Verdelho,Sparkling,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Fortified,Rosé,Dessert
- Open Days/times:Open Mon to Fri, weekends by appointment
- Wine Region:Southern Forests
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Light Food
- Vineyards:40 hectares
- Winemaker:David Dowden
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
- Cases Produced:15, 000
What began as a passion for wine in 1987 for Vic Kordic has blossomed into an impressive operation with an award-winning wine range. Sons Mark and Paul Kordic now head the vineyard and make cool climate estate-grown and bottled wines with elegant and unique character from their boutique operation.
The wines have a great depth of flavour and texture born from sensitive winemaking and fermentation with natural yeast in the Chardonnays and Pinot Noirs, reflective of Manjimup’s ideal growing conditions. The award-winning range also includes Verdelho, Sauvignon Blanc, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz and a Sparkling Merlot.
The modern cellar door offers samples of Chestnut wines alongside their Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Verjuice from Monday-Friday 10am-4pm, and on weekends by appointment only.
- [email protected]
- (08) 9776 1345
Discover certified organic, regional wines including Australia’s first truffle liqueur at the delightful, hand-built cellar door and art gallery this Pemberton pioneer.
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Merlot,Sparkling,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Merlot,Pinot Noir,Sauvignon Blanc
- Open Days/times:10am - 4pm Daily
- Wine Region:Pemberton
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Gallery,Picnic Facilities
- Winemaker:Saxon Mountford
- Cellar Door Open:Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays,Monday
Early pioneers of the wine industry in WA's South West, Andrew and Sue Mountford established the winery in 1987 after spending three years researching the Pemberton area. After analysing soil samples, rainfall and grape varieties best suited to the region, six hectares of vines were planted and an award winning winery and cellar door facility was hand-built with bricks made onsite. In 2003 the winery became the first NASAA Certified Organic winery in the region with the vineyard certification following in 2006.
The range focuses on Pemberton’s most respected wine varieties, namely Merlot, Pinot Noir and Sauvignon Blanc. In 2018 Mountford Wines released Australia’s first Truffle Liqueur made from local Manjimup truffles. The winery is also home to the Tangletoe Ciders which feature organic handcrafted ciders and vinegars.
One of the first wineries in the region, Mountford's cellar door was crafted from hand-made adobe bricks sourced onsite, and has become an icon of the region. An art gallery opened in 1994 and hosts ongoing seasonal exhibitions representing local artists. Open daily from 10am-4pm.