Holidays Lunch Open Wineries in Porongurup
Wineries in Porongurup Region
- [email protected]
- 08 9853 1126
A breathtaking undulating vineyard set beside the ancient Porongurup Range known for its highly-awarded, pure, cool climate wines and picture-perfect views from its delightful cafe.
- Wine Variety:Chardonnay,Merlot,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Sparkling,Cabernet Sauvignon,Dessert,Cabernet,Rosé
- Wine Region:Great Southern
- Open Days/times:Cellar door & Café: Wed to Mon 11am to 5pm
- Great Southern:Porongurup
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Light Food
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Lunch Open:Sunday,Holidays,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday
- Cases Produced:2500 cases
- Vineyards:5 hectares
- Winemaker:Wignalls Wines (Michael Perkins
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
Ironwood Estate is nestled in the heart of the ancient Porongurup Range; an 1100-million year-old granite range that was once a forest island. Established in 1996 by Mary and Eugene Harma, 'Ironwood' earned its name thanks to the ironstone outcrops on the hills, and the stands of Jarrah and Redgum. Planted in unique mineral-rich soils, the estate's cool-climate elevation and local terroir yields intense, varietal fruit flavours in wines with known for their distinctive clean palate. Ironwood Estate is dedicated to consistent quality, from the hand selection of their grapes through the vinification, maturation and bottling of their fine wines.
The wine range is focused toward the varieties best suited to the Porongurup area, specifically dry Riesling, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Shiraz and Cabernet blends. Wines can be tasted and purchased at the estate's cellar door, open Wednesday to Monday 11am - 5pm.
Bailey, the friendly labradoodle, welcomes visitors at Ironwood's cosy cafe which boasts stunning views of the Porongurup and vineyard lake and serves light meals, cakes and coffees. Open Wednesday to Monday 11am - 5pm.