Tinta Cao Wine Variety Wineries in Perth and Surrounds
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Perth And Surrounds
In the Swan Valley, about 10km from Midland. An international affair - run by Danes Claus and Lisbet Petersen, who use South African yeasts and Hungarian oak to produce their wines.
- Wine Variety:Tinta Cao,Touriga,Merlot,Muscat,Pinot Noir,Semillon,Shiraz,Sparkling,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc
- Open Days/times:Weekends and public holidays 10am-5pm
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Facilities:Restaurant,Cellar Door,Functions
- Cellar Door Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Vineyards:4.5 hectares
- Lunch Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Cases Produced:5000
- Size & Year:Small (5,000-49,999 cases),Established 1901 - 1950
Henley Park Wines was established by the Yujnovich family in 1935, and purchased by Hans Buchart Petersen ù a former Danish politician and vice-consul to WA ù in 1986. Claus, Hans' son, and wife Lisbet have since become principals, moving from Denmark and producing a range of wines ù Chenin Blanc, Semillon, Muscat, Pinot Noir, Shiraz, Cabernet and Merlot. About 2000 cases of mainly Shiraz are exported to the Petersen's homeland each year with a Tawny Port, made from Portugese grape varieties, also produced annually. Cafe-style meals are available Friday to Sunday.