(All) Lunch Open Wineries in Middle Swan
Wineries in Middle Swan
Enjoy wines perfected over 40 years by the Atkinson family from the Swan Valley and Margaret River region, best enjoyed alongside our Mediterranean lunch baskets filled with handmade delicacies.
- Wine Variety:Malbec,Rosé,Sauvignon Blanc,Semillon,Shiraz,Sparkling,Fortified,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Open Days/times:7 days - 10am - 5pm
- Facilities:Picnic Facilities,Restaurant,Cellar Door,Functions
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000,Small (5,000-49,999 cases)
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Lunch Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Cases Produced:20 000
- Winemaker:Mark Baird
The Atkinson family has a passion for creating beautiful high-quality wines and over 40 years have planted, picked, pruned, plunged and perfected their skills to the point of perfection. They are equally passionate about the land that produces the grapes that make the wine and reduce their impact on the environment with energy saving, recycling and sustainability practices.
The Jane Brook Pantry and Cellar offers a unique dining experience including delicious Mediterranean style shared picnic baskets, which can be enjoyed at the table. Much of the fresh produce is grown on site and includes terrine, pate, house-baked sourdough, cheese and home-made condiments. You can dine on the deck, under the vines or bring a rug and stroll over to the lawn for a picnic. Afterwards, treat yourself to a delicious dessert and freshly-brewed coffee from local roaster BOLT, or even a beer.
Jane Brook offers a wide range of premium varietal wines. The sparking range includes a white, pink and Blanc de Blanc. The whites include a Plain Jane Classic White, the Sauvignon Blanc, the Sauvignon Blanc- Semillion and the Chardonnay. There is only one Rose but a number of red varieties including a classic red, Shiraz, the Back Block Shiraz, Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon and lastly the Atkinson family reserve Cabernet Sauvignon. Fortifieds include Brandy, Liqueur Muscat, Liqueur Topaque, Liqueur Verdelho, and a single white fortified.
SWAN VALLEY VINEYARD
The iconic Back Block Shiraz is made from grapes hand-picked from the 70 year old vines in the home vineyard.
The cooler more moderate climate of Margaret River produces crisp, zesty and fresh Sauvignon Blanc and delicate, full-flavoured Chardonnay, where were planted over 10 years ago in the Shovelgate Vineyard. Red grapes include Cabernet Sauvignon, a true Margaret River varietal which is firm & generous yet delicate & finely structured, and Malbec, touted by many as the next emerging variety in Australia
Jane Brook is open 7 days a week from 10am to 5pm and offer a wide range of premium varietal wines.
Located on the stunning banks of the Swan River, Nikola Estate formerly 'Houghtons' is one of Australia’s oldest, most iconic estates, with vineyard plantings dating back to 1930.
- Wine Variety:Chardonnay,Shiraz,Sparkling,Sauvignon Blanc,Semillon,Vermentino
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Open Days/times:5 days 11am-4pm
- Facilities:Functions,Cellar Door,Restaurant,Wheelchair Access
- Cellar Door Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Cases Produced:4000
- Size & Year:Established 1901 - 1950
- Lunch Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
Nikola Estate is the new name of the former 'Houghton' winery site, which when purchased by the Yukich family, helped them to realise a long-held dream of returning the grounds and winery of Swan Location 11 to WA hands.
With the christening of the historic winery and grounds in tribute to their grandfather, Nikola, the Yukich family continues it's passion and dedication for elegant premium wines and delicious foods.
Crafted by Australia's second oldest winery, our wines have a heritage of passion and exceptional quality. We endeavour to highlight the best of each variety where the final wine is superior to it's component parts.
The fruit is sourced locally and from every major premium wine region in Western Australia and reflects the places in which they were grown.This is our objective as the Nikola wine portfolio expands.
The light and airy cellar door is surrounded by lush gardens,stately pines and blooming Jacaranda Trees when in season. We offer wine tastings Wednesday to Sunday from 11am-4pm. Wine is available for purchase, take-home or delivery Australia wide and internationally.
In addition we have 2 extra large function spaces for tour groups, however advance bookings are required.
An onsite museum showcases historical winemaking items . You can also see the place where a legendary local bushranger, ‘Moondyne Joe’ was captured in 1869. An extra special time to visit is between November to January for a photo with the property’s magnificent Jacaranda trees, which blossom with beautiful purple flowers over this time.
- [email protected]
- (08) 9374 8000
A day at Oakover is a delightful way to spend some time with the family in a relaxed environment with picturesque views over the grounds.
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Wine Variety:Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc,Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Malbec,Muscat,Petit Verdot,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Fortified,Classic Dry White,Merlot,Verdelho,Viognier,Cabernet,Rosé,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Tempranillo,Vermentino
- Open Days/times:Restaurant: Wed – Sun, Breakfast from 8am & Lunch from 11:30am | Cellar Door: Wed – Sun 11:00am - 3:30pm
- Facilities:Functions,Cellar Door,Light Food,Kids Play Area
- Lunch Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Breakfast Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Cellar Door Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
Choose to dine in their eclectic industrial style restaurant or on the patio while you partake in an afternoon of coffee, wine and a bite to eat. Plus, their kitchen serves the best local produce designed with you in mind. Children aren't forgotten with a range of kids meals that will satisfy even the smallest of mouths.
There is plenty of entertainment for the kids - with the chance to cruise the lake with our free paddle boats, play the Giant Connect Four, engage in a round of totem tennis, or take on the other kids with a game of backyard cricket. If more of a challenge is needed, ask one of our staff for our Nature Hunt activity - it's great after lunch fun or just let them run in the wide open spaces.