Dessert Wine Variety Wineries in Herne Hill
Wineries in Herne Hill
- [email protected]
- (08) 9296 6190
Located in the heart of the valley, Carilley is renowned for its stunning grounds and restaurant serving modern Australian cuisine and a variety of wine, boutique beers and ciders.
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Wine Variety:Dessert,Fortified,Sparkling,Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc,Merlot,Shiraz,Viognier,Cabernet Sauvignon,Verdelho
- Facilities:Functions,Restaurant,Cellar Door,Kids Play Area
- Cellar Door Open:Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Lunch Open:Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Dinner Open:Friday
- Cases Produced:1500 cases
- Vineyards:4.2 acres
- Winemaker:John Griffiths
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
Whether you decide to drop in to the cellar door or have lunch in the restaurant or alfresco sails area, everyone enjoys the lush vineyards, ancient gums, enchanting gardens and kid’s play area.
The Cellar door is open for tastings Thursday to Sunday and offers a wide variety of wines produced from the rich loamy soil on-site, including Chardonnay, Shiraz and Merlot. The Chenin and Viognier grapes are grown on the other side of the beautiful Susannah Brook. You can also enjoy estate-grown Olive Oil which is hand-picked, first pressed and organic.
Carilley Estate is managed by the award-winning Spices Group and is a popular venue for weddings and events. Outdoor events hosted in the alfresco area and the gardens, vineyards and olive groves make for an ideal setting for wedding ceremonies and photographs.
Discover some of Australia’s finest, internationally-awarded fortified wines and liquors at the homely cellar door of this three-generation winemaking family.
- Wine Variety:Ruby,Semillon,Shiraz,Verdelho,Graciano,Tawny,Rosé,Dessert,Fortified,Muscat
- Open Days/times:Cellar door: Everyday except Tue 10:30am to 4:30pm. Open public holidays.
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Facilities:Wheelchair Access,Cellar Door
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1901 - 1950
- Cellar Door Open:Holidays,Monday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Winemaker:James and Hilda Talijancich
- Wheelchair Access:Ramps and walkways link the car park and facilities. Wheelchair accessible bathrooms.
Croatian-born Jim Talijancich and his wife Ljucibica purchased this Swan Valley property in 1932 and began making fortified wine from Muscat and Shiraz. Times were tough in those early years and were made tougher upon Jim’s passing, when son Peter was just 13 years old. Peter ceased schooling immediately to work with his mother on the vineyard, the horse and plough becoming one of his new regular tasks. Peter led all operations and winemaking for over 50 years until he passed Talijancich onto son his James and wife Hilda in 1998.
Talijancich has a long-term reputation as a fortified wine specialist. Their range includes a 30 Year Old Rare Tawny, Muscat and Pedro Ximenes Liqueur. There is also a selection of still red and white wines including a beautiful Verdelho and an old-vine Shiraz. The vineyard follows bio-dynamic, organic principles.
The cellar door is located in their converted winery homestead, offering a relaxed setting with lovely views. It is open from 10.30am to 4.30pm all days, except Tuesday.
4 Black Stars