Muscat Wine Variety Wineries in Donnybrook / Capel
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Donnybrook Capel
Set amid the rolling hills of Glen Mervyn in the scenic Preston Valley, majestic, centuries old Blackbutt trees flank the entrance to this husband and wife run winery and cellar door.
- Wine Variety:Chardonnay,Zinfandel,Cabernet,Cabernet Shiraz,Muscat,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Dessert,Fortified,Riesling,Cabernet Sauvignon,Shiraz
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Open Days/times:7 days 11am to 5pm
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000,Micro (1-999 cases)
- Cases Produced:600
- Facilities:Dogs Welcome,Cellar Door
- Vineyards:4.2 hectares
- Winemaker:Peter Stanlake, John Griffiths
- Cellar Door Open:Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays,Monday
Bernice and Tony O’Connell planted their first vines in 1997 on the site of an old blue gum plantation on a farm that had been in the same family since the 1890s.
All wine is made from the estate’s 4.2 hectare vineyard and includes Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, Durif, Chardonnay, Riesling, Moscato, Port and Muscat Liqueur. The family philosophy is hands on in the vineyard and minimal intervention in the winemaking. which allows the fruit to express itself in the bottle. Mandalay Estate has won a number of awards over the years including a four-star rating by James Halliday in the 2014 wine companion and Best Cabernet Sauvignon in the 2017 Geographe wine show. The cellar door is open 7 days a week 11am to 5pm. Always a good idea to phone first 97 322006.