Cabernet Shiraz Wine Variety Wineries in Donnybrook / Capel
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Donnybrook Capel
Visit our amazing cellar door and enjoy our boutique premium wines from the oldest vines in the Geographe region, available for tasting and purchase, try some local produce from our cafe and local art
- Wine Variety:Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Rose,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Cabernet Sauvignon,Cabernet Shiraz,Semillon
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Open Days/times:Thurs- Sun 11am- 4.30pm
- Facilities:Light Food,Wheelchair Access,Gallery,Dogs Welcome,Functions,Cellar Door
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Lunch Open:Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Cellar Door Open:Saturday,Sunday,Thursday,Friday
- Brands:Cellar Series, Premium Series
- Wheelchair Access:Yes (ramps for entry, our carpark is gravel)
- Vineyards:6 acres
- Winemaker:Naturaliste Vintners
Two distinct wine styles are produced: the Premium Series is a wooded style vintage with food matching in mind, and the Cellar Series, restrained with oak and a fresh, vibrant fruit driven style.
The cellar door is entirely solar powered and has a ‘skate park’ roof shape designed to catch the perfect amount of sun power and collect rain water. All materials used in the cellar door are environmentally friendly and upcycled.
Capel Vale is a pioneer within Western Australia and amongst the first to be established with vines planted in 1974. Capel Vale Cellar Door & Match Restaurant open 7 days.
- Wine Variety:Brut,Malbec,Merlot Blend,Shiraz,Verdelho,Sparkling,Sauvignon Blanc,Cabernet Sauvignon,Cabernet Shiraz,Chardonnay,Merlot,Pinot Noir,Riesling,Rose,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Semillon,Cabernet Merlot
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Open Days/times:7 days 10am-4pm
- Lunch Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays,Monday,Thursday
- Facilities:Wheelchair Access,Restaurant,Cellar Door,Functions
- Cellar Door Open:Holidays,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Geographe:Busselton / Capel
- Vineyards:90 hectares
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000
Capel Vale has been crafting intensely fruit driven, powerful yet elegant wines from the cool regions of Western Australia since 1974. A broad range of wines in the Debut, Regional Series, Cellar Exclusive, Black Label and Single Vineyard Wine tiers.
Capel Vale has established mature vineyards in Geographe, Margaret River and Mount Barker and produces wines that reflect the distinct climate and soils of each region.
Visitors are warmly welcome to the cellar door to taste and purchase the full range of Capel Vale Wines. Located in Capel, two hours from Perth, indulge in match plates by the fire or alfresco in the summer breeze at Capel Vale's charming cellar door, open every day from 10am - 4:30pm.
The Food - Match Restaurant
The philosophy behind the restaurant is to Match food and wine. The menu comprises of Match Plates where components match the characteristics in the recommended wine. Grazing plates & cheese plates are also available.
Open Thursday to Monday 11:30am - 2:30pm.
Bookings [email protected]
5 Red Stars
Set amid the rolling hills of Glen Mervyn in the scenic Preston Valley, majestic, centuries old Blackbutt trees flank the entrance to this husband and wife run winery and cellar door.
- Wine Variety:Shiraz,Cabernet,Cabernet Shiraz,Muscat,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Dessert,Fortified,Riesling,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Zinfandel
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Open Days/times:7 days 11am to 5pm
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Dogs Welcome
- Vineyards:4.2 hectares
- Winemaker:Peter Stanlake, John Griffiths
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000,Micro (1-999 cases)
- Cases Produced:600
Bernice and Tony O’Connell planted their first vines in 1997 on the site of an old blue gum plantation on a farm that had been in the same family since the 1890s.
All wine is made from the estate’s 4.2 hectare vineyard and includes Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, Durif, Chardonnay, Riesling, Moscato, Port and Muscat Liqueur. The family philosophy is hands on in the vineyard and minimal intervention in the winemaking. which allows the fruit to express itself in the bottle. Mandalay Estate has won a number of awards over the years including a four-star rating by James Halliday in the 2014 wine companion and Best Cabernet Sauvignon in the 2017 Geographe wine show. The cellar door is open 7 days a week 11am to 5pm. Always a good idea to phone first 97 322006.