Geographe Wine Region Wineries in Cookernup
Wineries in Cookernup
Enjoy a slice of farming history and the flagship sparkling Shiraz at the Moojelup farm vineyard located 8km north of Harvey at the foothills of the Darling Scarp.
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Sauvignon,Semillon,Shiraz,Sparkling,Vermentino
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Open Days/times:Appointment Only
- Vineyards:3.5 hectares
- Winemaker:Peter Stanlake
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Appointment Only
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000,Micro (1-999 cases)
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Cases Produced:500
Moojelup Farm takes its name from the Nyoongar word Mooja, the Aboriginal name for the famous Western Australian Christmas tree.
Established by John Thompson Logue in the 1880’s, the property was originally used for beef cattle, sheep and dairy farming. In the 1990’s, owners Stephanie and Simon Holthouse developed a boutique winery with the first vintage released in 2000.
Traditional winemaking methods include handpicked fruit, open fermentation and basket pressing. The winery is particularly suited to Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Semillion and Vermentino. Take the opportunity to indulge in the superb Sparkling Shiraz; not to mention our classic Cabernet, Shiraz and Semillon.
The Cellar door is open by appointment.