Public Holidays Open Days Art Galleries & Museums in Bridgetown
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Galleries in Bridgetown
Overlooking the beautiful Blackwood River Valley, newly opened 1 Riverview is the Painting Studio and Display Gallery of Australian Landscape Artist Michael Hodgkins.
- Open Days/times:Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: 11am - 4.00pm Other times by appointment
- Represented Artists:Michael Hodgkins, George Hodgkins
- Galleries:Drawing,Painting,Mixed Media,Art Gallery,Artist Studio
- Wheelchair Access:Sorry, we have some steps and no ramps.
- Open Days:Saturday,Sunday,Public Holidays
A unique experience, come and visit the only public jigsaw gallery in the Southern Hemisphere. The collection was started by Jessie Brierley over 40 years ago, and has been continually expanded.
- Galleries:Art Gallery,Mixed Media
- Open Days/times:Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm, Saturday 10am - 3pm, Sun & Public Holidays 10am - 1pm
- Open Days:Sunday,Public Holidays,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday
The Brierley Jigsaw Gallery located in the beautiful historic town of Bridgetown, has a unique place in the attractions of the South West. Started over 60 years ago by Mrs Jessie Brierley, the jigsaws were placed in the lounge for the amusements of her guests - rather than drinking in the bar! The original collection of 60 mounted jigsaw puzzles was presented to the Bridgetown community by Mrs Brierley. The collection continues to expand through gifts from visitors, including the World's Smallest Wooden Jigsaw. Donations are used to maintain the existing collection and to mount new pieces as they become available. In 2001, many jigsaws were professionally framed and hung. Lighting improvements were made and the gallery has taken on a new lease of life with visitors from all over the world who have heard of our unique attraction.