Galleries & Public Art in Bridgetown / Greenbushes Area
Galleries in Bridgetown Greenbushes Area
A unique experience, come and visit the only public jigsaw gallery in the Southern Hemisphere. The collection was started by Jessie Brierley over 40 years ago, and has been continually expanded.
- Open Days/times:Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm, Saturday 10am - 3pm, Sun & Public Holidays 10am - 1pm
- Galleries:Mixed Media,Art Gallery
- Open Days:Public Holidays,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
The Brierley Jigsaw Gallery located in the beautiful historic town of Bridgetown, has a unique place in the attractions of the South West. Started over 60 years ago by Mrs Jessie Brierley, the jigsaws were placed in the lounge for the amusements of her guests - rather than drinking in the bar! The original collection of 60 mounted jigsaw puzzles was presented to the Bridgetown community by Mrs Brierley. The collection continues to expand through gifts from visitors, including the World's Smallest Wooden Jigsaw. Donations are used to maintain the existing collection and to mount new pieces as they become available. In 2001, many jigsaws were professionally framed and hung. Lighting improvements were made and the gallery has taken on a new lease of life with visitors from all over the world who have heard of our unique attraction.
Overlooking the beautiful Blackwood River Valley, newly opened 1 Riverview is the Painting Studio and Display Gallery of Australian Landscape Artist Michael Hodgkins.
- Open Days/times:BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
- Represented Artists:Michael Hodgkins, George Hodgkins
- Galleries:Drawing,Painting,Mixed Media,Art Gallery,Artist Studio
- Wheelchair Access:Sorry, we have some steps and no ramps.
- Open Days:By Appointment Only