Light Food Facilities Wineries in Baskerville
Wineries in Baskerville
Established in 1997, Faber remains an intimate, family-style winery where you can relax, sit down, enjoy some wine, chat to the wine maker and share a platter or two.
- Open Days/times:Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Wine Variety:Fortified,Dessert,Petit Verdot,Rosé,Semillon,Shiraz,Sparkling,Sparkling Shiraz,Verdelho,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc,Grenache,Malbec,Muscat
- Winemaker:John Griffiths
- Cases Produced:2500 cases
- Vineyards:4.5 hectares
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Lunch Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Facilities:Functions,Light Food,Cellar Door
- Cellar Door Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
Faber is Latin for a smith, a craftsman, an artisan who is skilled and ingenious. Owners John Griffiths and Jane Micallef founded the vineyard with a mission to grow regionally distinctive grapes and craft wines that are rich and flavoursome. They are true believers in the tradition of wine making, that wine should be inspired, crafted with a sense of creating something distinctive and authentic,
The wines are crafted with the belief that wine should taste of grapes and rely on purity of fruit flavour and delicious fruit characters to drive their wines, and that weight and fullness should come from ripeness, an extension of flavour, not simply more tannin or more acid. They want their wines to ‘sing of their origins’ and highlight the fruit from which the wine is made, not disguise it, and result in wines that are fresh and appealing with great drinkability.
Priding themselves on being extremely exclusive, the cellar door offers unique sit-down style tasting sessions with share platters and plenty of time to chat.
Themed events are also very popular including Harvest Breakfast, Reserve Release Dinner, Winter Benchmark Tasting, Bring Your Favourite Bottle, Spring Long Table Lunch and Xmas BBQ.
Faber Vineyards also caters for weddings, seminars, cocktail parties and large sit-down dinners.
Faber Vineyard is open on Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 11am- 4pm.