Ruby Wine Variety Wineries in South West
Wineries in Australias South West
Situated on the Blackwood River just 9km from Bridgetown townsite, handcrafted Shiraz, Sparkling Shiraz, Barbera, Tempranillo and Fortified wines can be tasted at the cellar door.
- Wine Variety:Muscat,Tawny,Ruby,Shiraz,Sparkling Shiraz,Fortified,Barbera,Durif,Tempranillo
- Open Days/times:Open weekends & public holidays from 10am - 5pm and week days by appointment
- Wine Region:Blackwood River Valley
- Facilities:Cellar Door
- Types & Styles:Basket Pressed,Family Run,Traditional Method,Alternative wine styles,Single Vineyard,Estate Grown
- Vineyards:2 acres
- Size & Year:Micro (1-999 cases)
- Cellar Door Open:Sunday,Saturday,Holidays
- Brands:Pump Shed, Blackwood River, Bridgetown Bubbles
- Winemaker:Lyn Metcalf
The Estate is recognised as one of Australia's most prestigious boutique wineries, having been awarded numerous gold medals and trophies at national and international wine shows.
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Wine Variety:Dessert,Cabernet,Cabernet Sauvignon,Tawny,Rosé,Shiraz,Cabernet Shiraz,Chardonnay,Muscat,Ruby,Fortified,Classic Dry White,Malbec
- Open Days/times:Everyday 10.30am - 4.30pm
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Wheelchair Access
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Margaret River:Wilyabrup
- Cases Produced:3000 Cases
- Vineyards:4 Hectares
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Wheelchair Access:Yes
Gralyn Estate opened the region's first cellar door in 1978. Today's modern tasting room is a popular tourist destination situated on Caves Road Wilyabrup, in the heart of the Margaret River wine region.
Gralyn produces both dry and sweet wines and pioneered the region's first port styles in 1978. The Estate is family owned and operated and wines can only be purchased from their Cellar Door or their website. Visitors are welcome to taste the full range of wines free of charge and learn about the grapes and wine-making from the knowledgeable and friendly staff.
"One of the finest Cabernet Sauvignons I have ever tasted from Margaret River."
Robert M. Parker Jr. The Wine Advocate
"Seamless, pure and a joy to drink" - 98 Points
Decanter Magazine has recently classified the Gralyn Reserve Chardonnay as exceptional
"Winner of 9 trophies, including the 6 Nations Wine Challenge Fortified Trophy. A champion among the New World Champions - a tremendous accolade."
Gralyn Artizan Rare Muscat - Six Nations Wine Challenge Sydney
"Gralyn Estate has established a high reputation for its wines. The age of the vines and the site are significant factors."
Organic Vineyard | Cabernet Sauvignon | Shiraz | Chardonnay | Malbec | Muscat | Sweet Wine | Fortified Wine (Port Style)
Stroll through beautiful gardens with 600 heritage roses and be welcomed by owner Marie-Pierre's at this family friendly cellar door, making delicate regional wines nearby picturesque Bridgetown. Cel
- Wine Variety:Sparkling Shiraz,Ruby,Sparkling,Fortified,Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Merlot,Sauvignon Blanc,Semillon,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz
- Wine Region:Blackwood River Valley
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Holidays,Saturday,Sunday
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Gallery
Located just 5 minutes from Bridgetown, Sunnyhurst Winery Estate is on the grounds of the historic 1896 Sunnyhurst Homestead which was known to be headquarters for the Red Cross during WWII. Since its establishment as a vineyard and winery in 2000, Sunnyhurst has used traditional winemaking methods and organic inspired viticulture. Currently owned by Geoff Herbert and Marie-Pierre Dussault, the Sunnyhurst philosophy emphasises hand-picked quality grapes, and the production of premium quality wines that reflect the taste of the region.
The white wines have great delicacy and flavour from a long cool fermentation, and reds are left to age in French oak that are recycled from Burgundy. All aspects of wine production are undertaken onsite, including bottling, corking, capsuling and labelling.
Sunnyhurst varieties include Semillon Sauvignon Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Shiraz, Petit Verdot and a Ruby Port.
The beautiful cellar door and art gallery at Sunnyhurst is open 7 days a week from 11am to 6pm. Owner Marie-Pierre Dussault provides complimentary tastings of the winery's award-winning wines. The cellar door area is very family friendly, featuring a kids' corner with wooden toys and colouring-in activities.
Customers are invited to wander through the beautiful gardens, admire the views of the Mattamatup and Blackwood River valleys and get a glimpse of the vineyard. The estate's romantic gardens display a collection of more than 600 rare and heritage roses, and an eclectic range of cottage plants and fruit trees - including an ancient, gigantic Moreton bay fig tree which dominates much of the property.