Big Brook Dam
Big Brook Dam is one of the attractions on the Karri Forest Explorer Drive that has something for everyone, especially families.
- Attraction Fee:No fees apply
- Sites:Swimming Holes,Rivers, Lakes & Dams
- Feature:Toilet,Shade Shelter,Picnic Table,Barbecue,Dogs Allowed - Yes,2WD Access - Yes
- Activity:Canoeing / Kayaking,Fishing,Bush Walking,Swimming
Built in 1986 to supplement the Pemberton town and Trout Hatchery water supply, the Big Brook Dam provides a fantastic opportunity for recreational activities.
Relax on the beach
There is a sandy beach area, which is great for swimming.
Take a hike or a bike
There is also a sealed 4km walk trail called Big Brook Dam Walk Track that follows the shores of the dam allowing stroller and wheelchair access, and is also ideal for cycling.
Dogs may be taken on a leash to the Big Brook Dam, but not around the beach area.
No camping is available at the dam area, but is available at the Big Brook Dam Arboretum.
The dam is stocked with trout for fishers to enjoy casting a line (see Fisheries website for details).
This information was provided by the Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions: dpaw.wa.gov.au
- Address: ,Channybearup,WA,