This is a day of high fashion with a highlight of the day being the Myer Fashions on the Field competition. This year you will have the chance to be the lucky winner of a 10-day trip of a lifetime representing Western Australia as part of the 2019 Melbourne Cup Carnival at Flemington.
According to renowned stylist Juvelle Behrendorff, the hottest trends for this year’s Ascot Racing Carnival include:
- Feminine styling with shades of blush and pearl, as well as, lace textures.
- Edgy elegance with metallic, sequins and darker florals.
- Street-style inspired fashion with satin coordinated sets and streamlined suiting.
- Headpieces are popular this year, think headbands, hair clips and crowns
Golden Rules of Dressing For The Races
A day at the races is a great combination of exciting racing action, good food and beverages, and stylish fashion. It is a good opportunity to enjoy a bit of glamour and dress to impress. If you are going to the Members areas, remember that a dress code applies.
Tips for the ladies
- Leave the stilettos at home. As much of the racecourse is grass, go for block heels, wedges or flats.
- Choose silhouettes that are simple with sleek lines.
- Don’t be afraid to wear colour and textures. Why not try florals, pastels, lace or bight hues?
- If in doubt, keep it simple.
Tips for the gents
- Polish your dress shoes.
- Don’t forget about your accessories, like a watch, rings, floral pins and sunglasses.
- A tie or a bow tie is a must.
- Don’t match your pocket square to your tie. Go for complimentary designs or colours; or if you’re brave go for a contrast!