Spare Parts Puppet Theatre
Spare Parts Puppet Theatre is Australia’s flagship puppetry company and a driving force in the puppetry landscape in Australia since 1981. The artistic vision of Spare Parts is to create masterful inter-generational works for the delight of audiences everywhere. The company has an impressive of history of attracting and producing outstanding talent. The company’s first production was a commission by the prestigious Perth International Arts Festival. Guest artist Noriko Nishimoto, master puppeteer, was brought from Japan to work on the production. She continued to tirelessly support the theatre with her expertise until her death in 2016.
The Spare Parts team is currently directed by the award-winning Artistic Director Philip Mitchell and Associate Director Michael Barlow. The pair oversee the company’s artistic programs which include the development of new works, reimagining and reinvigorating existing works, and the training and development of local, national, and international puppetry artists.
Through its work, Spare Parts continues to stretch and strengthen its reputation for creating highly imaginative, world-class productions that showcase artistic expression and entertain audiences.
The Little Prince Adapted from the book by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
- Dates:Jan 13 - Feb 1
- Time(s):Daily; 10.00 am - 11.00 am, 01.00 pm - 02.00 pm
- Venue:Spare Parts Puppet Theatre
- Hosted By:Spare Parts Puppet Theatre
- Venue Address:Spare Parts Puppet Theatre, 1 Short Street, Fremantle, WA, 6040
- Ticket Price:$25.00 - $23.00
- Ticket Price FROM:$25.00
- Ticket price TO:$23.00
- Type:Performing Arts
- Audience:Adults,Family-Friendly,For toddlers 0-3,For kids 4-12,For teens 13-17,For seniors,Wheelchair Access
- Produced By:Spare Parts Puppet Theatre
- Performing Arts:Puppetry,Theatre
- Music:Other Music
- Visual Arts:Other Visual Arts
- Event Venue:Spare Parts Puppet Theatre
Immerse yourself in the imagination of a child during the January school holidays with Spare Parts Puppet Theatre’s acclaimed production of The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
Saint-Exupéry’s exquisite tale tells the story of a curious prince who leaves his tiny planet for an adventure that reveals the essential things in life can only be discovered with the heart. For more than 70 years this timeless story has awakened the imagination of readers of all ages.
Duration: 45 mins
Perfect for 5+ but suitable for everyone!
Jan 13 – Feb 01
10am & 1pm daily
No performances Sundays or public holidays.
Please visit www.sppt.asn.au or telephone 9335 5044
General Admission: $25.00 (per ticket)
Groups of 4 or more: $24.00 (per ticket)
Groups of 10 or more: $23.00 (per ticket)
$3.95 booking fee applies
- 9370 6636
A unique, bespoke performance event created for the historic Woodbridge property on the banks of the Swan River in Guildford.
- Dates:Oct 17-18, Oct 24-25
- Venue:Woodbridge House
- Hosted By:WAAPA
- Venue Address:8254 Ford St, Woodbridge WA 6056
- Ticket Price:Based on concession
- Ticket Price FROM:$18
- Ticket price TO:$25
- Type:Youth Art / Performance
- Produced By:Spare Parts Puppet Theatre,WAAPA: WA Academy of Performing Arts
- Performing Arts:Puppetry,Theatre
Experience this beautiful location as the afternoon sun sets and see the site come alive through performance. International guest director Betina Birkjaer has over a decade of experience with acclaimed Teatro des los Sentidos, making immersive performance all over the world and will be our guest director for this.