(All) Margaret River Wineries in Yelverton
Wineries in Yelverton
- [email protected]
- (08) 9755 7501
Known for its iconic old red truck, this family-owned estate produces single variety, single-vineyard wines at that can be enjoyed with the owner-makers at their Metricup cellar door.
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Merlot,Semillon,Verdelho
- Facilities:BBQ Facilities,Picnic Facilities,Accommodation,Cellar Door
- Margaret River:Wilyabrup
- Cases Produced:1000
- Winemaker:Evan Haywood, Josephine Perry
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Cellar Door Open:Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Holidays,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday
Established in 2017, the Haywood Wine Company is located at the Island Brook Estate to the north of the Margaret River wine region. The Metricup vineyard was first planted in 1985, utilising specific grape varieties to match the property's well drained gravel loam soils.
The wines made include Cabernet Rose, Semillon Sauvignon Blanc, Verdelho, Chardonnay, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon.
The charm of this family operation is evident in its relaxed cellar door; where you can meet the grape grower, winemaker and marketing director all at once! Open Monday to Saturday 10am - 5pm.
The Island Brook chalets are located amidst vineyards and jarrah forest, and offer a secluded, peaceful getaway for wine-lovers.