Medium (50,000-499,999 cases) Size & Year Wineries in Yallingup
Wineries in Yallingup
- [email protected]
- 08 9755 2788
Surrounded by huge Eucalypt trees, Forester Estate is a new-generation, family-owned and operated winery producing award-winning wines in a Northern Margaret River style.
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Classic Dry White,Sauvignon Blanc,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Sparkling,Brut,Rosé
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Open Days/times:Cellar Door at Rivendell - Thursday to Monday 11am to 5pm
- Cellar Door Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Monday,Thursday
- Size & Year:Medium (50,000-499,999 cases),Established 2001 - 2010
- Margaret River:Yallingup
- Facilities:Cellar Door
- Cases Produced:25000
- Vineyards:33.5 hectares
- Winemaker:Kevin McKay, Todd Payne
Built in 2002, Forester Estate focuses on making wines that showcase northern Margaret River’s wine style, leaning towards lighter, fruitier white wines and finely structured, elegant reds.
The vineyard was planted in 1995 and acquired by owners Kevin and Jenny McKay in 2001. The wines are made from estate-grown fruit and a selection of small “gems” of fruit sourced from the hills and valleys of nearby vineyards.
Magnificent Eucalypt trees surround the Estate, reminiscent of a thriving forestry trade, the primary industry of the region from the 1850s. The Estate still has a saw pit that was used by the original pioneers to mill timber, which was then transported by ox and cart to Yallingup-Siding, the nearby railway station. This timber, especially the hardwood Mahogany (Jarrah), was exported around the world. Even today, many streets of London lie on the Jarrah trees milled from the forests of Margaret River.
The name Forester Estate is derived from this history.
Cellar Door located at Rivendell Winery Estate
5 Red Stars