Verdelho Wine Variety Wineries in Yallingup
Wineries in Yallingup
Deep Woods is without doubt one of the most scenic wineries in Margaret River, and also one of Australia’s most-awarded wineries, highly sought-after for its Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay and Rose.
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Shiraz,Rosé,Tempranillo,Cabernet Malbec,Grenache,Malbec,Merlot,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Shiraz,Verdelho,Semillon,Cabernet Franc,Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Sauvignon Blanc,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Open Days/times:Wed to Sun 11am to 5pm
- Winemaker:Julian Langworthy
- Cases Produced:30000
- Size & Year:Small (5,000-49,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Margaret River:Yallingup
- Vineyards:14 hectares
- Cellar Door Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Facilities:Cellar Door
Deep Woods Estate is one of Australia’s most highly-awarded wineries, and was awarded Australia’s most significant wine trophy, the Jimmy Watson Memorial Trophy for the Deep Woods Estate 2014 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon. In 2017 it was also recognised by Ray Jordan in The West Australian Wine Guide as ‘Winery of the Year
Since 2005, Deep Woods has been part of the Fogarty Family’s Fogarty Wine Group, which also owns Evans & Tate in Margaret River, the iconic Lake's Folly vineyard in the Hunter Valley, Smithbrook in Pemberton and Millbrook Winery and Restaurant in the Perth Hills, Western Australia.
Located in the Yallingup Hills of northern Margaret River, close to the resort town of Dunsborough and the famed surf break at Yallingup, this stunning property is perched high on a ridge which unfolds into a picturesque secluded valley, bounded by stands of jarrah and marri trees; hence the name Deep Woods. The pristine environment also includes a large, natural spring.
The team at Deep Woods is passionately focused on producing quality wines from their management of the vineyard to fruit selection and winemaking techniques, and consistently produces award-winning Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Rosé and Semillon Sauvignon Blanc, primarily from estate-grown fruit.
Stop by to taste the wines any day of the week, perhaps bring a picnic to enjoy with a glass of wine and take in the beautiful vineyard vista. Groups tastings for six or more guests should be arranged in advance.