Tawny Wine Variety Wineries in Yallingup
Wineries in Yallingup
- [email protected]
- (08) 9755 2583
100% single organic vineyard winery, where every wine is handcrafted to the finest detail.
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Open Days/times:10am-5pm Everyday
- Wine Variety:Chardonnay,Tawny,Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Sparkling,Fortified,Rosé,Cabernet,Cabernet Malbec,Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Margaret River:Yallingup
- Cases Produced:5000
- Vineyards:12 hectares
- Winemaker:Travis Wray
- Size & Year:Small (5,000-49,999 cases)
- Facilities:Dogs Welcome,Cellar Door,Gallery,Picnic Facilities
The name House of Cards is inspired by the gamble winemakers and growers take every vintage, forced to play the hand they are dealt by Mother Nature. Owners Travis and Elizabeth Wray are personally involved in every aspect of operations, from tending the vines to making wine, bottling, marketing and sales.
The fruit that goes into House of Cards wine all comes from a single vineyard planted in 1997 on Caves Road at the Northern end of the Margaret River Wine Region, enabling the unique terroir to be reflected in each vintage. To get the best 'hand' possible, organic and biodynamic principles are used to improve soil health and vine nutrition. The vineyard is dry grown and cropped at low levels to increase concentration of fruit flavours. The rest is up to Mother Nature.
Vistors can taste the entire wine range at House of Card’s gorgeous Cellar Door.
Check out a selection of art and jewellery by local and Australian artists. Guests can also enoy dining at the on-site restaurant Chows Table.
5 Black Stars