Zinfandel Wine Variety Wineries in Wilyabrup
Wineries in Wilyabrup
Gourmet Traveller’s #1 WA Regional Restaurant (2018), this self-sufficient winery operates ‘off the grid’ creating diverse, acclaimed wines, best enjoyed at its honest and inviting cellar door.
- Wine Variety:Fortified,Cabernet Merlot,Shiraz,Verdelho,Zinfandel,Mourvedre,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Grenache,Merlot,Petit Verdot
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Open Days/times:Cellar door: Thu to Mon 10am to 5pm. Restaurant: Thu - Mon 12pm to 3pm.
- Margaret River:Wilyabrup
- Facilities:Dogs Welcome,Functions,Organic (Certified),Wheelchair Access,Restaurant,Accommodation,Cellar Door
- Wheelchair Access:Yes, all same level
- Lunch Open:Monday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Vineyards:7 hectares
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Cases Produced:3685
- Winemaker:Mark Warren
A boutique winery that operates ‘off the grid’, Arimia was established in 1997 by Ann Spencer. Located in the north end of Margaret River, it makes the most of its superb environment, surrounded by the untouched Cape Naturaliste National Park and the Indian Ocean, to make an innovative range of estate-grown wines.
The vineyard follows organic practices and grows a diverse mix of grapes, from Margaret River’s classics of Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon through to Mourvedre, Zinfandel and Verdehlo.
One of the most authentic food and wine experiences to be found in Margaret River,
the acclaimed wine range can be sampled at the relaxed cellar door, built primarily using recycled and plantation timber.
Awarded ‘Gourmet Traveller Regional Restaurant of the Year’ 2018, Arimia’s menu comes mostly from farm-grown produce including pork and trout raised on the 55ha property. The kitchen, headed by chef Evan Hayter is dedicated to utilising entire animals, with a no-waste approach that encourages creativity. Bookings are highly recommended. Open Thursday to Tuesday for lunch.
A dynamic team of winemakers crafting distinct single vineyard wines and liqueurs along with Australia’s first Pisco and the world’s rarest Chardonnay-based Gin, for tasting daily at the cellar door.
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Wine Variety:Sparkling,Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Grenache Shiraz,Merlot,Tempranillo,Pinot Noir,Semillon,Fortified,Dessert,Sauvignon Blanc,Verdelho,Zinfandel
- Open Days/times:Mon - Sat: 10:30am-5pm
- Facilities:Cellar Door
- Cellar Door Open:Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday
- Vineyards:2 hectares
- Size & Year:Small (5,000-49,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Margaret River:Wallcliffe
- Cases Produced:40000
The Harmans Estate team scour the region for unique parcels of fruit to make single vineyard wines that display a strong sense of place. Established in 1999 the family-owned small-batch winery is one of the only producers in Margaret River that process, produce, bottle and label wines all on site to control all aspects of quality.
In addition to Margaret River’s classic varieties, look out for a unique Shiraz Tempranillo and Sparkling Pink Pinot Noir. The Cabernet Sauvignon and Sauvignon Blanc Liqueurs are some of the only of their kind in Margaret River and the wine-based spirits are seriously unique too.
The entire wine, liqueur and spirits collection is available for tasting daily at the cellar door between 10am – 5pm.
The Harmans Estate winemakers love a creative challenge and set out to make Australia’s first Pisco. The range includes three noteworthy flavours. The Gin Gin Gin is crafted from barrel-fermented Gin Gin clone chardonnay (a mysterious clone that found its way to the Margaret River region and now dominates). This truly unique gin is triple distilled and infused with Certified Organic botanicals. Perhaps the rarest Gin in the world, with only 128 bottles made.