Grenache Shiraz Wine Variety Wineries in Wilyabrup
Wineries in Wilyabrup
A dynamic team of winemakers crafting distinct single vineyard wines and liqueurs along with Australia’s first Pisco and the world’s rarest Chardonnay-based Gin, for tasting daily at the cellar door.
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Wine Variety:Sparkling,Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Pinot Noir,Semillon,Fortified,Dessert,Sauvignon Blanc,Verdelho,Zinfandel,Chardonnay,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Grenache Shiraz,Merlot,Tempranillo
- Open Days/times:Mon - Sat: 10:30am-5pm
- Cellar Door Open:Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday
- Vineyards:2 hectares
- Size & Year:Small (5,000-49,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Margaret River:Wallcliffe
- Cases Produced:40000
- Facilities:Cellar Door
The Harmans Estate team scour the region for unique parcels of fruit to make single vineyard wines that display a strong sense of place. Established in 1999 the family-owned small-batch winery is one of the only producers in Margaret River that process, produce, bottle and label wines all on site to control all aspects of quality.
In addition to Margaret River’s classic varieties, look out for a unique Shiraz Tempranillo and Sparkling Pink Pinot Noir. The Cabernet Sauvignon and Sauvignon Blanc Liqueurs are some of the only of their kind in Margaret River and the wine-based spirits are seriously unique too.
The entire wine, liqueur and spirits collection is available for tasting daily at the cellar door between 10am – 5pm.
The Harmans Estate winemakers love a creative challenge and set out to make Australia’s first Pisco. The range includes three noteworthy flavours. The Gin Gin Gin is crafted from barrel-fermented Gin Gin clone chardonnay (a mysterious clone that found its way to the Margaret River region and now dominates). This truly unique gin is triple distilled and infused with Certified Organic botanicals. Perhaps the rarest Gin in the world, with only 128 bottles made.
- [email protected]
Halliday’s wine maker of the year (XXXX) and Australian Winery of the Year & Best Value Winery (2011, 2017), making site-driven wines from six speciality vineyards, with modern cellar door.
- Wine Variety:Merlot Blend,Merlot Cabernet,Pinot Chardonnay,Pinot Gris,Pinot Noir,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc,Botrytis Riesling,Cabernet,Cabernet Malbec,Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Gewurztraminer,Grenache,Grenache Shiraz,Malbec,Merlot,Rosé,Dessert,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Semillon,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Shiraz Cabernet,Syrah,Sparkling
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Open Days/times:Cellar door (winter): Tue to Sat 11am to 6pm, Sun & Mon 11am to 5pm; (summer) Daily 10am to 6pm
- Facilities:Appointment Only,Functions,Gallery,Picnic Facilities
- Cellar Door Open:Saturday,Sunday,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
- Margaret River:Wilyabrup
- Size & Year:Small (5,000-49,999 cases),Established 2001 - 2010
- Cases Produced:8000
- Winemaker:Larry Cherubino, Andrew Siddell, Matt Buchan
In response to COVID-19, Larry Cherubino Wines are providing free delivery for all online orders in March and April 2020. For every online order they are giving a $49 voucher to put towards your next one.
One of WA’s most awarded winemakers, Larry Cherubino Wines makes an expressive range from a collection of estate-owned vineyards in Margaret River, Pemberton and the Great Southern (Frankland River, Mount Barker and Porongurup areas). The label began in Frankland River in 2004 when Larry and wife, Edwina purchased an historic property called Riversdale. The inaugural 2005 vintage wines were made in the family’s spare room! These days they are made in a well-equipped winery in Margaret River.
Larry Cherubino Wines was named James Halliday’s Australian Winery of the Year in 2011, and also Australia’s Best-Value Winery by Halliday in 2017. Winemaker Larry Cherubino has a string of Winemaker of the Year nominations with leading Australian and UK wine media.
Following the belief that great wines are made in the vineyard, Larry Cherubino Wines are made from six specialty vineyards in Western Australia’s leading south-west wine regions. The wines are estate-grown and the vineyards follow a mix of principles from the schools of organics and traditional farming with the aim to encourage the vines to exist in a healthy ecosystem, for plant health. The range has a characterful selection of site-driven examples of Riesling and Chardonnay, alongside alternative varieties including Fiano and Pinot Blanc. Classic Cabernet and Shiraz are made too.
Enjoy a seasonal range of wines for tasting at all times alongside a selection of cellar door exclusives. An enomatic machine holds a curated range of rare back vintage wines which can be enjoyed as educational (and highly enjoyable) flights. Private tastings in the board room or barrel room can be booked in advance for groups. Antipasti and dinners are available by special arrangement.
If you want a good laugh, ask Larry about the dog in the bedroom incident. It all happened to a mate of his apparently!!
5 Red Stars