Muscat a Petits Grains Rosa Wine Variety Wineries in Western Australia
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Western Australia
- [email protected]
- (08) 9296 0216
The only certified organic winery in Perth and fascinating example of sustainable viticulture, producing traditional table, sparkling and dessert wines in the Swan Valley.
- Wine Variety:Sparkling Shiraz,Rose,Sparkling Burgundy,White Burgundy,Verdelho,Brut,Malbec,Method Traditionale,Muscat a Petits Grains Rosa,Port,Sherry,Sparkling,Dessert,Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc,Muscat,Shiraz
- Open Days/times:Open 11am-4.30pm Thurs. to Mon. Tuesday and Wednesday by appointment
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Cases Produced:500
- Vineyards:1.8 hectares
- Size & Year:Micro (1-999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Facilities:Functions,Cellar Door
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
Harris Organic Wines is an extremely friendly place. Make your way past the cats and free-range chickens to the cellar door of this small boutique winery and you can enjoy a seated tasting of organic wines with winemaker and owner Duncan Harris (a $ 10.00 tasting fee applies, redeemable against any wine purchase).
Sustainability is central to Harris Organic’s philosophy. The wines are made with natural yeasts and the bare minimum of additives and preservatives. The grapes are irrigated only by what they receive from the sky and Duncan never uses any pesticides, herbicides or chemical fertilisers.
Minimal artificial energy sources are required. An underground cellar was built to obtain naturally cooler storage temperatures. The wines mature in oak barriques and hogsheads, ultimately sealed in recyclable glass bottles and natural cork, if available.
You can learn how organic wine is made with a guided walking tour through the vineyard, underground cellar and winery, finishing with a taste of some of the very best of Duncan's certified organic dry white, red and fortified wines. Duncan is also licensed to distil spirits and sells his organic vodka and brandy at the cellar door and online. While you’re here, stock up on organic coffee and organic olive oil.
- [email protected]
- (08) 9731 7141
Gourmet Traveller’s Best Small Cellar Door, Geographe (2014 and 2016) making hand crafted boutique wines, craft beers, delicious tasting platters and pizzas at their cellar door west of Donnybrook.
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Merlot,Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Malbec,Muscat a Petits Grains Rosa,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Sparkling,Vermentino,Fortified,Dessert,Method Traditionale,Port,Cabernet,Nero D'avola,Rose
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Open Days/times:By Appointment Only for the near future - call 08 97317141
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Light Food,Dogs Welcome,Functions,Wheelchair Access
- Vineyards:2 hectares
- Winemaker:Tony Davis
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000,Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases)
- Cases Produced:1500
- Wheelchair Access:Yes
Three generations of the Hammond family have toiled together to create the vineyards of Oakway Estate within the Geographe Wine Region. Owners Wayne and Ria planted their vines in 1997, and following success with winemaking, the former orchard farm now supports a boutique winery and cellar door, nano brewery, vineyard, a plantation of sustainable blue gum trees and beef cattle.
Oakway Estate takes a very hands-on and natural approach to vineyard management to carefully monitor vine vigour and growth, undertaking labour-intensive tasks including fruit thinning and leaf plucking to grow superb quality grapes.
Varieties include Sauvignon Blanc (and blends), Chardonnay, Vermentino, Nero D'avola, Malbec, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Old School Liqueur and a delicously sweet Moscato.
Enjoy sampling our wines, or stay longer and purchase a glass or bottle of wine to savour whilst overlooking our changing vineyard vista throughout the seasons. If you prefer beer, try our own craft beers on tap. Open weekends and most public holidays from 11am - 5pm.
Oakway's cellar door cafe features gourmet bespoke pizzas, dukkah with olive oils and bread, and antipasto platters designed to complement the Estate wines. A selection of craft beers and ciders are available too.
A calendar of Long Table Lunches prepared by local guest chefs to showcase WA’s excellent local produce is scheduled throughout the year. Bookings essential.
4 and half Stars
- [email protected]
- 08 9733 5605
Experience the 'little Italy' of the Geographe region through Italian varieties of Arneis, Dolcetto Freddo and rare Nebbiolo wines at this estate, operated passionately by the Cumbers family.
- Wine Variety:Fiano,Arneis,Dolcetto,Nebbiolo,Pignoletto,Muscat,Cabernet Sauvignon,Muscat a Petits Grains Rosa,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon
- Open Days/times:Cellar Door Online only at present
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Facilities:Gallery,Dogs Welcome,Wheelchair Access,BBQ Facilities,Picnic Facilities,Cellar Door
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Brands:VIneyard 28
- Wheelchair Access:Wheel Chair Access
- Vineyards:14 acres
- Winemaker:Mark Cumbers
- Cases Produced:Greater than 1000
Back in 1989, a Kiwi girl named Pip met a West Aussie boy named Mark whilst working in Melbourne. The two shared a love of all things to do with wine, and in 1997 relocated to WA, purchasing a 10 acre property near Harvey (that was later named Vineyard 28). Some twenty years later, the property now boasts an extensive vineyard planted with mostly Italian varieties.
'28' is the colloquial name for the Port Lincoln Ringneck, a local parrot, due to their contact call, a whistled "twenty-eight". When planting the first vines, these cheeky birds were a little too helpful, thus it was decided to take their name for the property.
Enjoy Italian varieties - Arneis, Dolcetto, Moscato and Nebbiolo wines alongside classic Sauvignon Blanc Semillonand Cabernet Sauvignon.
Cellar Door - currently closed to visitors due to the Coronavirus
It was a family effort to create the cellar door, built from Lake Clifton limestone in 2005. Brimming with colour, vibrancy and of course, wine, the cellar door offers friendly tastings of lesser seen Pietmonese grape varieties and is open daily from 10am - 5pm.
For $2.00 per person you can sample the range of wines. Or take the time to enjoy a Grazing & Tasting Experience, 4 wine samples of your choice from the range accompanied by a grazing board of local produce.
The cellar door also features a spacious picnic area and barbecue facilities for a BYO lunch, and a unique collection of colourful Patchwork Quilts and works by local artists.