Fiano Wine Variety Wineries in Western Australia
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Western Australia
Discover the breakaway label of three industry legends, making edgy small-batch wines (with seriously award-winning winemaking), at their co-op cellar door at Abbey Vale Wines near Yallingup.
- Wine Variety:Grenache,Riesling,Rose,Shiraz,Tempranillo,Fiano,Chardonnay
- Open Days/times:Wednesday to Sunday 10am - 5pm
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Size & Year:Established 2011 - 2019
- Cellar Door Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Margaret River:Yallingup
- Winemaker:Julian Langworthy
- Facilities:Cellar Door
Launched in October 2016, the 'goon tycoons' are three mates with the impeccable wine-world pedigree and a dream to tinker and make playful wines from small parcels of fruit goodness they find in the vineyards in Margaret River and nearby regions during their “real jobs”. The team comprises 2019 Wine Companion Winemaker of the Year Julian Langworthy (of Deep Woods), John Fogarty as Viticulturist and Mark Fogarty in Finance. As the gents say, Goon Tycoons is their chance “to get rich, or get drunk trying.”
The range comprises small batch creations made with natural ideals but technical clout for ultimate drinkability. There are a couple of Rieslings and various Shiraz styles, a well-publicised Rose, Chardonnays, Grenache blends and more.
Wines can be tasted and purchased at the Tycoons' cellar door at Abbey Vale Winery in Yallingup, open Wednesday to Sunday 10am - 5pm. The cellar door is shared with Yallingup Cheese Company and Wulura Olive Oil.
***CELLAR DOOR TEMPORARILY CLOSED DUE TO COVID-19*** VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON WINE ORDERS AND DELIVERIES.
- Open Days/times:Thursday - Sunday 11:00am - 4:30pm
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Wine Variety:Grenache,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Tempranillo,Verdelho,Chardonnay,Fiano,Mourvedre,Shiraz
- Vineyards:8 hectares under vine
- Wheelchair Access:Yes
- Winemaker:Ashley Keeffe and Vanessa Carson
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Functions,Light Food,Restaurant,Wheelchair Access
- Geographe:Ferguson Valley
Green Door Vineyard & Winery is a small boutique winery in the Ferguson Valley. Ashley & Kath Keeffe purchased the run-down vineyard in 2006 and set about restoring and replanting, with the Grenache and Tempranillo finding near perfect conditions. Other grapes in the vineyard include Monastrell, Shiraz, Fiano, and Verdelho.
Ashley is very conscious of soil health and the vineyard is managed with a minimal intervention ethos, creating fruit with great flavour. All grapes are handpicked and basket pressed, with all wines made on the property by Ashley and consultant winemaker, Vanessa Carson. Various different wine making techniques are used including the use of Amphora pots for fermentation, cold soaking on skins and the addition of whole bunches to ferments.
There is a cellar door cafe on the property serving sharing style grazing platters showcasing local produce. The focal point of the cellar door is the grand green door, imported from Fez, Morocco. The Moorish theme of the winery and cafe menu matches the predominantly Spanish/European characteristics of the wines. Ash, Kath and their team take great satisfaction in being involved in the whole process of growing, making and sharing the enjoyment of the wines.
- [email protected]
- 08 9733 5605
Experience the 'little Italy' of the Geographe region through Italian varieties of Arneis, Dolcetto Freddo and rare Nebbiolo wines at this estate, operated passionately by the Cumbers family.
- Wine Variety:Fiano,Arneis,Dolcetto,Nebbiolo,Pignoletto,Cabernet Sauvignon,Muscat a Petits Grains Rosa,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Muscat
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Open Days/times:Cellar Door Online only at present
- Facilities:Gallery,Dogs Welcome,Wheelchair Access,Cellar Door,BBQ Facilities,Picnic Facilities
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Brands:VIneyard 28
- Wheelchair Access:Wheel Chair Access
- Vineyards:14 acres
- Winemaker:Mark Cumbers
- Cases Produced:Greater than 1000
Back in 1989, a Kiwi girl named Pip met a West Aussie boy named Mark whilst working in Melbourne. The two shared a love of all things to do with wine, and in 1997 relocated to WA, purchasing a 10 acre property near Harvey (that was later named Vineyard 28). Some twenty years later, the property now boasts an extensive vineyard planted with mostly Italian varieties.
'28' is the colloquial name for the Port Lincoln Ringneck, a local parrot, due to their contact call, a whistled "twenty-eight". When planting the first vines, these cheeky birds were a little too helpful, thus it was decided to take their name for the property.
Enjoy Italian varieties - Arneis, Dolcetto, Moscato and Nebbiolo wines alongside classic Sauvignon Blanc Semillonand Cabernet Sauvignon.
Cellar Door - currently closed to visitors due to the Coronavirus
It was a family effort to create the cellar door, built from Lake Clifton limestone in 2005. Brimming with colour, vibrancy and of course, wine, the cellar door offers friendly tastings of lesser seen Pietmonese grape varieties and is open daily from 10am - 5pm.
For $2.00 per person you can sample the range of wines. Or take the time to enjoy a Grazing & Tasting Experience, 4 wine samples of your choice from the range accompanied by a grazing board of local produce.
The cellar door also features a spacious picnic area and barbecue facilities for a BYO lunch, and a unique collection of colourful Patchwork Quilts and works by local artists.
Located by Meelup Regional Park, Wise produces superb wines and is one of Margaret River’s most renowned restaurants, the only one to overlook both the vines and the ocean.
- Wine Variety:Malbec,Pinot Gris,Sauvignon Blanc,Cabernet Malbec,Rose,Cabernet Merlot,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Sparkling,Sparkling Rose,Tokay,Zinfandel,Dessert,Cabernet Sauvignon,Botrytis Semillon,Prosecco,Fiano,Verdejo,Chardonnay,Pinot Noir,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz
- Open Days/times:11am - 5pm Everyday
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Lunch Open:Holidays,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Margaret River:Yallingup
- Cellar Door Open:Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Restaurant,Functions
- Breakfast Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000,Small (5,000-49,999 cases)
- Dinner Open:Friday,Saturday
- Cases Produced:10000
- Vineyards:2.5 hectares
Wise Wine was established by Ron and Sandra Wise in 1992 in a truly iconic setting, surrounded by vineyard and the natural bushland of Meelup Regional Park looking out to the pristine blue waters of Geographe Bay. The property’s two restaurants and expansive wine tasting list make for a spectacular experience with a vista to be remembered forever!
The wine range aims to suit all taste preferences and budgets, offering 20 quality sparkling, white, red, dessert and fortified wines. The winemaking philosophy includes sourcing parcels of the highest quality fruit from top vineyards in the WA regions that are most-suited to grow each grape variety.
Celebrated winemaking consultant, Larry Cherubino, has overseen activities at the winery for many years. His stewardship has seen the quality of Wise Wines become some of the most awarded in the region, winning Gold medals at many Australian Wine Shows.
Wise Vineyard Restaurant is one of the best known restaurants in the region, where you can enjoy a stunning meal with ocean views. The menu features contemporary cuisine which changes regularly as local produce comes in and out of season.
For a more casual dining experience, take a short trip down to the valley, to the banks of the Meelup Brook and visit Lot 80 Tavern & Restaurant. Housed in a historic stone and timber building built by local farmers and craftsmen, it features Italian, French, Spanish and Australian-inspired tasting and shared menus that utilise local ingredients, where possible.
5 Red Stars