Semillon Chardonnay Wine Variety Wineries in Western Australia
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Western Australia
- [email protected]
- 0451 632 119
Discover Rob and Tash Arthur’s handmade, small-batch Margaret River fortified wines, made with rustic methods for wine enthusiasts who are curious to try something new.
- Open Days/times:Cellar Door by appointment only
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Wine Variety:Fortified,Muscat,Semillon Chardonnay,Shiraz,Tempranillo
- Winemaker:Tash & Rob Arthur
- Size & Year:Established 2001 - 2010
- Facilities:Appointment Only
- Margaret River:Wallcliffe
Established in 2010 by Rob and Tash Arthur, Arthur Wines specialises in making fortified wines in the heart of the Margaret River wine region. Winemaker Tash developed a keen interest in fortified wines whilst working in Portugal and Rutherglen and Rob previously worked at Leeuwin estate.
The main wines, named ‘Glass Slipper’ and ‘Ruby Slipper’, are made with premium, mostly handpicked fruit, fermented with the addition of brandy spirit and aged on lees in Cognac barrels.
The estate produce 'Glass Slipper', a white fortified made with handpicked Chardonnay and Semillon and aged on lees in Cognac barrels. A Muscat is made too.
Wines are available at selected outlets across the state. Cellar door by appointment only.
- [email protected]
- (08) 9776 2052
Discover 20+ different sweet to dry table and fortified wines from one of Pemberton’s earliest established wineries at a relaxed cellar door set with picturesque views and a “family business” charm.
- Wine Variety:Sparkling,Fortified,Semillon Chardonnay,Sauvignon Blanc,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Shiraz Cabernet,Verdelho,Pinot Gris,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Pinot Noir,Rose
- Wine Region:Southern Forests
- Open Days/times:Fri to Mon 10am - 5pm
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Functions
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
Donnelly River Wines was one of the first in the region Pemberton wine region. Established on the Donnelly River in 1985, the property’s rich river flats, surrounding hills and tall Karri trees have proved ideal for premium viticulture; the vines benefitting from the dry, cool ripening period within the area.
Donnelly River's range includes an approachable mix of sweet to dry red and white wines, prosecco and traditional method sparkling and classic port and muscat. Wines can be purchased at the Pemberton cellar door, the Donnelly warehouse in Joondalup or online.
The popular rustic cellar door offers a relaxed atmosphere overlooking the picturesque vineyard to discover the extensive wine range. Open Friday to Monday 10am-5pm.
Unwind on the verandah of this boutique, family-owned cellar door and dog-friendly cafe serving lunch platters full of organic produce and set with gorgeous views of the Bickley Valley.
- Wine Region:Perth Hills
- Wine Variety:Sparkling,Merlot,Gewurztraminer,Pinot Noir,Semillon,Semillon Chardonnay,Rose,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Classic Dry White,Cabernet Merlot
- Cellar Door Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Monday,Holidays
- Lunch Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays,Monday
- Perth Hills:Bickley Valley
- Facilities:Functions,Restaurant,Cellar Door,Light Food
- Vineyards:17 acres
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000
Nestled in Jarrah forest on the Darling Scarp at an elevation of 400 metres, Hainault is the highest vineyard in Western Australia, and is in one of the coldest parts of the State. The 17 acre property was replanted as a vineyard in 1978 by Peter Fimmel, one of the pioneers of the then infant Perth Hills Wine Region.
Owners Michael and Lyn Sykes purchased the vineyard in 2002, with an objective to produce premium quality varietal wines whilst further developing a style synonymous with the Perth Hills. The couple's relationship with the environment is signified in Hainault's logo of a Boobook owl, an animal native to the area, and viticulture and land management practices reflect their commitment to sustainability. Hainault also prides itself on being pet friendly, and it's common to see the Sykes family Kelpies at their cafe.
All Hainault wines are made from estate grown, hand harvested fruit using minimal interventions. Among an extensive range, Hainault produces a traditional method Sparkling Pinot Noir, Semillon, Chardonnay, Gewurztraminer, Rose, Cabernet Merlot Blend, and Cabernet Sauvignon.
Wine tastings and cellar sales are available Saturday to Monday from 11am-5pm.
Open for lunch Saturday to Monday from 11am-5pm, the Hainault Cafe offers nibbles, platters, hearty mains and delicious desserts on a verandah overlooking the stunning vineyard. All food is prepared on premises and made to order using locally sourced organic produce whenever possible, and several vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options are available.
- [email protected]
Keeping a 100+ year family tradition of winemaking with origins in Macedonia, Little Black Dog Wines makes a quaint range of small-batch, single vineyard wines in the Swan Valley.
- Wine Variety:Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc,Malbec,Merlot,Rose,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Semillon Chardonnay,Cabernet Sauvignon,Shiraz
- Open Days/times:No Cellar Door
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Brands:Little Black Dog
- Facilities:No Cellar Door
When Naum Trandos first planted his vineyard in the rich soils of Pozdivishte, Macedonia, his best friend, his Little Black Dog, was by his side. Together they planted, harvested, bottled and delivered wine across the town.
Today, passed down through the Trandos family, the Little Black Dog vineyard is situated in the beautiful Swan Valley region. All wine is made with handpicked grapes, rich with distinct, fruit-driven flavours, picked from estate-grown vines that are over 30 years old. Being a boutique winery, the family hand-select only the best grapes from their vineyard to make the Little Black Dog wines, selling the balance. All production, from grape to bottle, takes place at the winery.
Fourteen different grape varieties are grown in the vineyard, and the wines made include Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Chardonnay Semillon, Sparkling Chenin Blanc, Shiraz, Rose, Merlot, Liqueur Shiraz, Semillon Sauvignon Blanc and Liqueur Chardonnay Verdelho.
Visit the home of WA’s chilli wine experts; a boutique winery producing traditional, fruit and chilli wines in a variety of 'heat' levels, only 30 minutes from Perth.
- Wine Variety:Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc,Grenache,Merlot,Semillon Chardonnay,Shiraz,Sparkling,Rose
- Open Days/times:7 Days a week, 9am - 5 pm
- Wine Region:Peel
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000,Micro (1-999 cases)
- Facilities:Cellar Door
- Brands:Stakehill Estate
- Cases Produced:Less than 999
- Vineyards:2 hectares
The Stakehill Estate is a family run vineyard and winery in Karnup, halfway between Rockingham and Mandurah that was established in 1998.
A range of Chilli Wines in a variety of 'heat' levels are handcrafted, as well as traditional varieties of Vermentino, Verdelho, Chenin Blanc, Chardonnay, Shiraz, Merlot, Grenache, Durif, Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot. Rhubarb and passionfruit wines are also made.
Wines can be purchased online or at the Stakehill Estate Winery cellar door, which is open from 10am-5pm daily.
Tucked away in the Bickley Valley, the Lawnbrook Estate and Packing Shed Restaurant provide arelaxed atmosphere with cellar-door sales and rustic home-cooked meals in picturesque surroundings.
- Open Days/times:Fri to Sun 9am to 4pm
- Wine Variety:Sparkling,Chardonnay,Classic Dry White,Semillon Chardonnay,Shiraz,Pinot blend,Tempranillo
- Wine Region:Perth Hills
- Brands:Lawnbrook Estate
- Established:Reopened 2017
- Winemaker:Matt Bowness
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Restaurant,Light Food
- Perth Hills:Bickley Valley
- Cellar Door Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Breakfast Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Lunch Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Cases Produced:300
- Vineyards:1 acre
- Size & Year:Micro (1-999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
Ever since holding their wedding reception at the property 18 years ago, owning and running the Lawnbrook Estate and restaurant has been a long-held dream for Rebekah and Bruce Wilson. For the last year, they have been lovingly restoring the property, preparing their first vintage, and refining their menus. With an acre of vines on the 10 acre historic property, a variety of estate-grown wines are produced, and the Packing Shed @ Lawnbrook, the estate's boutique cafe, serves breakfast, lunch, homemade cakes and coffee.
Lawnbrook Estate is the wine brand associated with the Packing Shed Restaurant and the small vineyard set along Piesse Brook. While thefocus is on producing food-friendly wine for the restaurant, cellar door sales and tastings are also available. The varieties include Sparkling Chardonnay Pinot Noir, Semillon Chardonnay, Classic White, Pinot Rose, Shiraz, Tempranillo and Shiraz Tempranillo.
Specialising in all things handmade and local, the Packing Shed Restaurant will be serving up breakfast and lunch from Friday to Sunday each week. Food is prepared onsite using seasonal and local produce whenever possible, catering to various dietary requirements. In warmer months, guests are invited to bring a picnic blanket and enjoy one of the Shed's cheeseboards on the lawn.