Greater Perth Wine Region Wineries in Western Australia
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Western Australia
- [email protected]
- +61 (08) 9382 2379
Halliday’s wine maker of the year (XXXX) and Australian Winery of the Year & Best Value Winery (2011, 2017), making site-driven wines from six speciality vineyards, with modern cellar door.
- Wine Variety:Sparkling,Rose,Dessert,Sauvignon Blanc,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Semillon,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Shiraz Cabernet,Syrah,Merlot,Merlot Blend,Merlot Cabernet,Pinot Chardonnay,Pinot Gris,Pinot Noir,Riesling,Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Gewurztraminer,Grenache,Grenache Shiraz,Malbec,Botrytis Riesling,Cabernet,Cabernet Malbec
- Wine Region:Greater Perth
- Open Days/times:Cellar door (winter): Tue to Sat 11am to 6pm, Sun & Mon 11am to 5pm; (summer) Daily 10am to 6pm
- Winemaker:Larry Cherubino, Andrew Siddell, Matt Buchan
- Size & Year:Small (5,000-49,999 cases),Established 2001 - 2010
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Cases Produced:8000
- Facilities:Appointment Only,Functions,Gallery,Picnic Facilities
- Margaret River:Wilyabrup
One of WA’s most awarded winemakers, Larry Cherubino Wines makes an expressive range from a collection of estate-owned vineyards in Margaret River, Pemberton and the Great Southern (Frankland River, Mount Barker and Porongurup areas). The label began in Frankland River in 2004 when Larry and wife, Edwina purchased an historic property called Riversdale. The inaugural 2005 vintage wines were made in the family’s spare room! These days they are made in a well-equipped winery in Margaret River.
Larry Cherubino Wines was named James Halliday’s Australian Winery of the Year in 2011, and also Australia’s Best-Value Winery by Halliday in 2017. Winemaker Larry Cherubino has a string of Winemaker of the Year nominations with leading Australian and UK wine media.
Following the belief that great wines are made in the vineyard, Larry Cherubino Wines are made from six specialty vineyards in Western Australia’s leading south-west wine regions. The wines are estate-grown and the vineyards follow a mix of principles from the schools of organics and traditional farming with the aim to encourage the vines to exist in a healthy ecosystem, for plant health. The range has a characterful selection of site-driven examples of Riesling and Chardonnay, alongside alternative varieties including Fiano and Pinot Blanc. Classic Cabernet and Shiraz are made too.
Enjoy a seasonal range of wines for tasting at all times alongside a selection of cellar door exclusives. An enomatic machine holds a curated range of rare back vintage wines which can be enjoyed as educational (and highly enjoyable) flights. Private tastings in the board room or barrel room can be booked in advance for groups. Antipasti and dinners are available by special arrangement.
If you want a good laugh, ask Larry about the dog in the bedroom incident. It all happened to a mate of his apparently!!
5 Red Stars
- [email protected]
- (08) 9892 1499
"The name Risky Business is decidedly tongue-in-cheek, for the partnership headed by Rob Quenby has neatly sidestepped any semblance of risk." James Halliday, The Wine Companion
- Wine Region:Greater Perth
- Open Days/times:Appointment Only
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Sauvignon,Grenache,Shiraz,Tempranillo,Prosecco,Chardonnay,Malbec,Pinot Gris,Riesling,Rose
- Facilities:Appointment Only
- Cases Produced:3500
- Winemaker:Andrew Vesey
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 2011 - 2019
From our first vintage in 2013, Risky Business Wines are produced from selected low intervention vineyards, then hand-made using small batch winemaking techniques. We are based in the Great Southern and Margaret River regions in Western Australia but also source fruit for our Prosecco and Pinot Grigio from vineyards in Victoria’s King Valley.
Our wines bring together the vision and decades of experience of grape grower and viticulturist Rob Quenby, operator of Western Australia’s most diverse and prestigious viticulturist company, Quenby Viticultural Services (QVS). The Viticultural business gives Rob an opportunity to pre-select the best parcels from these great vineyards to use in the Risky Business range.
We currently produce wines with volumes as tiny as 150 cases, with some varieties up to a modest production of 800 cases.
Production: 3,500 dozens | Sales in Australia, Pacific Rim and Japan
Partner Rob Quenby - Viticulturist • Partner John Waldron - Vintner