Sauvignon Blanc Semillon Wine Variety Wineries in Treeton
Wineries in Treeton
- [email protected]
- 08 97555604
Using 100% estate grown wines this down-to-earth family winery has grown from a sea-change adventure to a well-loved cellar door and café/restaurant destination in Margaret River.
- Wine Variety:Chenin Blanc,Sauvignon Blanc,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Sparkling,Fortified,Cabernet Sauvignon,Shiraz,Rosé,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Shiraz Cabernet
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Open Days/times:Restaurant: 11am to 3pm, Cellar door: 11am until 4:30pm. Closed Mondays
- Cellar Door Open:Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Restaurant,Wheelchair Access
- Lunch Open:Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Wheelchair Access:Yes
- Winemaker:Bronnley Cahill
- Margaret River:Treeton
- Cases Produced:4500
- Vineyards:6.1 hectares
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
In 1995 Trevor and Lyn Mann decided it was time for a sea change, relocating to Margaret River in pursuit of an adventure in viticulture. With their experience limited to sampling plenty of the product, but armed with a vision and loads of self-belief, they dived straight into their new journey and planted 10,000 young vines of Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc, Chenin Blanc, Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon. The first harvest in 1999 was a momentous occasion.
The vineyard follows biological farming principles and the wines are 100% estate grown and made. The team believe it’s the small things that make the big difference and make their wines extra special. These days daughter Bronnley Cahill is in the winemaking driver’s seat.
Taking the best of the old world and new world approaches to winemaking, Brookwood Estate makes wines with minimal intervention to capture the essence of their vineyard. The range includes sweet through to dry wines sparkling.
Relaxed, fun and informative tastings are hosted in the wrought iron and wood cellar door daily from 11am to 4.30pm. A selection of gourmet produce including dukkah and local extra virgin olive oil is available for tasting as well. Group bookings can be arranged in advance, starting from $5 per guest.
The winery café/restaurant is a hidden gem in the region, serving a delicious and generous contemporary Australian menu to pair with the Brookwood Estate Wines. Relax on the verandah and take in sweeping vineyard views while you dine, open 11am to 3pm. (It’s enclosed and cosy in winter.)
An award-winning range created by two scientists with a love of chemistry and fine wine, harnessing the elements of nature to make their precious wines.
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Merlot,Chardonnay,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Rosé,Cabernet,Malbec,Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Cabernet Sauvignon
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Cases Produced:3000 cases
- Winemaker:Dave Johnson
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 2001 - 2010
- Brands:The Alchemists, Twin Cellars
Brad and Sarah Mitchell, the husband and wife team behind The Alchemists were originally metallurgists. They realised they could combine their love of chemistry, compound formulas and fine wines in the sacred science of transforming the humble grape into a divine elixir.
Brad and Sarah Michel purchased their vineyard in 2007 and after a few years experimenting, released their first serious vintage in 2010, making Rose, Sauvignon Blanc, Merlot, Cabernet Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon. Each of those wines won awards in various wine shows around the country, which gave the pair great confidence to keep the alchemy going.
The Alchemists and Twin Cellars have Cellar door in the Swan Valley at The Taphouse Mulberry on Swan.
The Alchemists utilise both traditional and modern winemaking to make their wines, which are grown on their estate vineyard. The wines are full of regional flavour, with balance, complexity and restraint. The vineyard is managed using organic principles, with sheep maintaining the weeds in winter and guinea fowls and chickens minimising bugs throughout the year. All signature Margaret River varieties are produced.