Tuesday Cellar Door Open Wineries in Swan Valley Town
Wineries in Swan Valley
Voted best Swan Valley Cellar Door in 2018, enjoy the stunning restaurant, cellar door and award-winning wines with grapes sourced from Margaret River, Franklyn River and Swan District.
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Wine Variety:Fortified,Sparkling,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc,Tawny,Shiraz,Dessert,Cabernet Malbec,Muscat,Pinot Gris,Pinot Noir,Sauvignon Blanc,Tempranillo,Verdelho,Rosé,Grenache Shiraz,Petit Verdot,Sparkling Rose,Sparkling Shiraz,Grenache,Malbec
- Open Days/times:Cellar Door: Tue - Sun 10am to 4pm, Restaurant: Tue – Sun 9.30am to 4pm
- Facilities:Functions,Restaurant,Cellar Door
- Cellar Door Open:Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Lunch Open:Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Size & Year:Small (5,000-49,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Cases Produced:8000 cases
- Vineyards:10 hectares
Nestled among the vines on a gently winding road near the upper reaches of the Swan River lies one of the jewels of the historic Swan Valley.
Founded by Simon and Maaike Berns in 1998 and named after a small Australian bird which abounds in the nearby tree-lined Swan River, Sittella Winery is one of the newest wineries in the Swan Valley.
Sittella’s Swan Valley vineyard thrives on the fertile soils and Mediterranean climate of hot dry summers and mild wet winters, producing a range of rich, full flavoured wines. Simon and Maaike Berns have been successful in producing high quality traditional wine styles using Verdelho, Chardonnay, Shiraz, Tempanillo and Petit Verdot, and now source grapes from other vineyards in the Swan Valley, their own Margaret River property and and Franklyn River in the Great Southern. Over the past five years, production has increased dramatically with a crush of over 100 tonnes.
Maaike is responsible for the imaginative architecture of the restaurant, incorporating the essence of modern Italy into this wonderful earth-rendered winery.
The winery and Restaurant is open from 11:00am to 4:00pm Tuesdays – Sundays and public holidays.
The Sittella Vineyard is located on a stretch of fertile land 20 km north-east of Perth. In this upper river district, with the Darling Ranges to the east and the Indian Ocean to the west, the warm Mediterranean style climate provides steady winter rainfall and hot, dry summers which produce grapes of wonderful flavour, richness, balance and style. The water supply is a trickle system using bore water. Verdelho, Chardonnay, Shiraz, vines grow over a 5 hectare allotment on rich alluvial sandy loam soils (3 hectares under vine). Recent plantings also include Tempranillo, and Petit Verdot.
MARGARET RIVER ESTATE
Located at Willyabrup, 260 kms south west of Perth. The region’s temperate southern climate has been likened to Bordeaux with its generous winter rainfall, freedom from spring frosts and subdued summer temperatures – the ideal growing conditions for international wine styles. With 2.5 hectares of undulating land and soils are amongst the best in the area. Comprised of red brown loam with some gravel that ensures good natural drainage. Varieties include Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon and Sauvignon Blanc and more recently Malbec to develop a classic red Blend.
Experience the southern Italian spirit at this charming boutique winery producing preservative-free, rustic wines and liqueurs at extremely affordable prices.
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Wine Variety:Fortified,Grenache,Semillon,Shiraz
- Open Days/times:7 days 9am-5pm
- Facilities:Cellar Door
- Brands:Vino Italia
- Cases Produced:2,500-4,999
- Vineyards:34 hectares
- Winemaker:Eugenio Valenti
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
The success of Eugenio Valenti and Alessandro Calabrese in the creation of Vino Italia can be attributed to the quality of their produce and preservative-free wine, rich with rustic Italian tradition. Established in 1952; the warm, southern Italian spirit still lives in the Vino Italia cellar today, with customers greeted with Eugene's familiar smile and cheeky jokes. As one of the largest grape suppliers in the region, Vino Italia has contributed to the Swan Valley's history and reputation that is now internationally renowned.
Experience Italian wine made the traditional way, just like Nonno used to make it! The estate's affordable range of wines include varieties of Grenache, Dry White, Shiraz, Sweet Sherry and Port. BYO container for generous pours of wine - 2L flagons are ideal!
Join Eugene and Alessandro at this rustic, Italian-style cellar door open daily from 9am - 5pm.