Merlot Wine Variety Wineries in Swan Valley Town
Wineries in Swan Valley
In the Swan Valley, about 10km from Midland. An international affair - run by Danes Claus and Lisbet Petersen, who use South African yeasts and Hungarian oak to produce their wines.
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Wine Variety:Sparkling,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc,Merlot,Muscat,Pinot Noir,Semillon,Shiraz,Tinta Cao,Touriga
- Open Days/times:Weekends and public holidays 10am-5pm
- Facilities:Functions,Restaurant,Cellar Door
- Cellar Door Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Lunch Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Cases Produced:5000
- Size & Year:Small (5,000-49,999 cases),Established 1901 - 1950
- Vineyards:4.5 hectares
Henley Park Wines was established by the Yujnovich family in 1935, and purchased by Hans Buchart Petersen ù a former Danish politician and vice-consul to WA ù in 1986. Claus, Hans' son, and wife Lisbet have since become principals, moving from Denmark and producing a range of wines ù Chenin Blanc, Semillon, Muscat, Pinot Noir, Shiraz, Cabernet and Merlot. About 2000 cases of mainly Shiraz are exported to the Petersen's homeland each year with a Tawny Port, made from Portugese grape varieties, also produced annually. Cafe-style meals are available Friday to Sunday.