Semillon Wine Variety Wineries in Swan Valley Town
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Swan Valley
In the Swan Valley, about 10km from Midland. An international affair - run by Danes Claus and Lisbet Petersen, who use South African yeasts and Hungarian oak to produce their wines.
- Open Days/times:Weekends and public holidays 10am-5pm
- Wine Variety:Merlot,Muscat,Pinot Noir,Semillon,Shiraz,Tinta Cao,Touriga,Sparkling,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Lunch Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Cases Produced:5000
- Size & Year:Small (5,000-49,999 cases),Established 1901 - 1950
- Vineyards:4.5 hectares
- Facilities:Restaurant,Cellar Door,Functions
- Cellar Door Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday
Henley Park Wines was established by the Yujnovich family in 1935, and purchased by Hans Buchart Petersen ù a former Danish politician and vice-consul to WA ù in 1986. Claus, Hans' son, and wife Lisbet have since become principals, moving from Denmark and producing a range of wines ù Chenin Blanc, Semillon, Muscat, Pinot Noir, Shiraz, Cabernet and Merlot. About 2000 cases of mainly Shiraz are exported to the Petersen's homeland each year with a Tawny Port, made from Portugese grape varieties, also produced annually. Cafe-style meals are available Friday to Sunday.
Experience the southern Italian spirit at this charming boutique winery producing preservative-free, rustic wines and liqueurs at extremely affordable prices.
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Wine Variety:Fortified,Grenache,Semillon,Shiraz
- Open Days/times:7 days 9am-5pm
- Facilities:Cellar Door
- Brands:Vino Italia
- Cases Produced:2,500-4,999
- Vineyards:34 hectares
- Winemaker:Eugenio Valenti
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
The success of Eugenio Valenti and Alessandro Calabrese in the creation of Vino Italia can be attributed to the quality of their produce and preservative-free wine, rich with rustic Italian tradition. Established in 1952; the warm, southern Italian spirit still lives in the Vino Italia cellar today, with customers greeted with Eugene's familiar smile and cheeky jokes. As one of the largest grape suppliers in the region, Vino Italia has contributed to the Swan Valley's history and reputation that is now internationally renowned.
Experience Italian wine made the traditional way, just like Nonno used to make it! The estate's affordable range of wines include varieties of Grenache, Dry White, Shiraz, Sweet Sherry and Port. BYO container for generous pours of wine - 2L flagons are ideal!
Join Eugene and Alessandro at this rustic, Italian-style cellar door open daily from 9am - 5pm.