Graciano Wine Variety Wineries in Swan Valley
Wineries in Swan Valley Region
Discover some of Australia’s finest, internationally-awarded fortified wines and liquors at the homely cellar door of this three-generation winemaking family.
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Wine Variety:Dessert,Fortified,Muscat,Semillon,Shiraz,Verdelho,Ruby,Graciano,Tawny,Rosé
- Open Days/times:Cellar door: Everyday except Tue 10:30am to 4:30pm. Open public holidays.
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Wheelchair Access
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Winemaker:James and Hilda Talijancich
- Size & Year:Established 1901 - 1950,Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases)
- Wheelchair Access:Ramps and walkways link the car park and facilities. Wheelchair accessible bathrooms.
Croatian-born Jim Talijancich and his wife Ljucibica purchased this Swan Valley property in 1932 and began making fortified wine from Muscat and Shiraz. Times were tough in those early years and were made tougher upon Jim’s passing, when son Peter was just 13 years old. Peter ceased schooling immediately to work with his mother on the vineyard, the horse and plough becoming one of his new regular tasks. Peter led all operations and winemaking for over 50 years until he passed Talijancich onto son his James and wife Hilda in 1998.
Talijancich has a long-term reputation as a fortified wine specialist. Their range includes a 30 Year Old Rare Tawny, Muscat and Pedro Ximenes Liqueur. There is also a selection of still red and white wines including a beautiful Verdelho and an old-vine Shiraz. The vineyard follows bio-dynamic, organic principles.
The cellar door is located in their converted winery homestead, offering a relaxed setting with lovely views. It is open from 10.30am to 4.30pm all days, except Tuesday.
4 Black Stars