Cabernet Wine Variety Wineries in Swan Valley
Wineries in Swan Valley Region
- [email protected]
- (08) 9374 8000
A day at Oakover is a delightful way to spend some time with the family in a relaxed environment with picturesque views over the grounds.
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Wine Variety:Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc,Classic Dry White,Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Malbec,Muscat,Petit Verdot,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Merlot,Verdelho,Viognier,Cabernet,Shiraz,Fortified,Rosé,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Tempranillo,Vermentino
- Open Days/times:Restaurant: Wed – Sun, Breakfast from 8am & Lunch from 11:30am | Cellar Door: Wed – Sun 11:00am - 3:30pm
- Facilities:Functions,Cellar Door,Light Food,Kids Play Area
- Lunch Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Cellar Door Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays,Wednesday,Thursday
- Breakfast Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
Choose to dine in their eclectic industrial style restaurant or on the patio while you partake in an afternoon of coffee, wine and a bite to eat. Plus, their kitchen serves the best local produce designed with you in mind. Children aren't forgotten with a range of kids meals that will satisfy even the smallest of mouths.
There is plenty of entertainment for the kids - with the chance to cruise the lake with our free paddle boats, play the Giant Connect Four, engage in a round of totem tennis, or take on the other kids with a game of backyard cricket. If more of a challenge is needed, ask one of our staff for our Nature Hunt activity - it's great after lunch fun or just let them run in the wide open spaces.
- [email protected]
- 08 9296 4539
The heritage of WA’s oldest winery, four-generations of family ownership and the ‘dream’ cellar door including a decadent cheese emporium, makes for one unmissable Swan Valley experience.
- Wine Variety:Brut,Cabernet,Cabernet Franc,Cabernet Sauvignon,Cabernet Shiraz,Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc,Chenin Verdelho,Classic Dry White,Gewurztraminer,Grenache,Grenache Shiraz,Malbec,Tempranillo,Verdelho,Viognier,Rosé,Dessert,Merlot,Method Traditionale,Muscat,Petit Verdot,Pinot Gris,Tawny,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Semillon,Shiraz,Shiraz Cabernet,Sparkling Rose,Sparkling Shiraz,Sparkling,Fortified
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Open Days/times:Cellar Door: Mon to Sun 10am to 5pm, restaurant: Mon - Tue 10am to 5pm, Wed - Sun 10am to 5pm
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Restaurant
- Lunch Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Vineyards:24 acre
- Winemaker:Anthony Yurisich
- Size & Year:Established 1800 - 1850
The Olive Farm property dates back to 1829 and was established by an English botanist named Thomas Waters who brought grapevine cuttings and olive trees with him when he settled in Perth. He planted the olive trees first, hence the name, but wine was soon produced, with the first vintage in 1834. (Much of which became currency for bartering with the local shopkeepers!)
In 1933, Ivan Yurisich purchased the property. He had immigrated from Yugoslavia at the turn of the century and after working in the Goldfields and outback of WA, decided to try his hand at winemaking. The property has remained in the family for four generations.
Historically, The Olive Farm made fortified wines which were sold by the cask to the Goldfields in Western Australia. The winery become one of the first in WA to produce Traditional Method Sparkling wines back in the 1960s. These remain a core of range which is now named ‘Olivine’.
Still table wines were introduced in the 1970s and achieved great success in the local wine shows. The current range is diverse, with over 35 sweet to dry white, red, sparkling and fortified wines. There are all the Swan Valley classics, along with some other surprise varieties like Tempranillo, Traminer, Durif and Cabernet Franc.
The Yurisich family built their ‘dream’ winery and cellar door in 2007. It is set on a 24-acre property in the heart of the Swan Valley and has received significant awards for its architecture and interior design. Visitors are welcome to sample from the full range of wines, with tastings available 10am – 5pm daily. A walking tour of the vineyard and winery can be booked in advance, it begins at 10.30am.
Unique Highlights: The Cheese
Taste and graze from a selection of over 75+ different international and local benchmark cheeses at the family’s Cheese Barrel Café. Just metres from the cellar door, this architecturally-designed gem of a property is a place of wine and cheese-lovers’ dreams. The all-day menu is both flexible and generous, with cheeseboards starting from $35-$40. Free cheese tastings are available too. They are best experienced between 10am and 1pm before it gets too busy. Families, children and even dogs are welcome.
The Cheese Barrel Café is open 10am – 5pm Monday and Tuesday, and 10am-5pm Wednesday to Sunday.