Touriga Wine Variety Wineries in Swan Valley
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Swan Valley Region
In the Swan Valley, about 10km from Midland. An international affair - run by Danes Claus and Lisbet Petersen, who use South African yeasts and Hungarian oak to produce their wines.
- Wine Variety:Tinta Cao,Touriga,Merlot,Muscat,Pinot Noir,Semillon,Shiraz,Sparkling,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc
- Open Days/times:Weekends and public holidays 10am-5pm
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Facilities:Restaurant,Cellar Door,Functions
- Cellar Door Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Lunch Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Cases Produced:5000
- Size & Year:Small (5,000-49,999 cases),Established 1901 - 1950
- Vineyards:4.5 hectares
Henley Park Wines was established by the Yujnovich family in 1935, and purchased by Hans Buchart Petersen ù a former Danish politician and vice-consul to WA ù in 1986. Claus, Hans' son, and wife Lisbet have since become principals, moving from Denmark and producing a range of wines ù Chenin Blanc, Semillon, Muscat, Pinot Noir, Shiraz, Cabernet and Merlot. About 2000 cases of mainly Shiraz are exported to the Petersen's homeland each year with a Tawny Port, made from Portugese grape varieties, also produced annually. Cafe-style meals are available Friday to Sunday.
Vino Volta is the wine child of Garth Cliff and Kristen McGann. Calling on a collective 40 years of experience. Small batch, Single Vineyard and Blends. Contemporary, Experimental and Natural.
- Wine Variety:Tempranillo,Touriga,Fortified,Chenin Blanc,Grenache
- Open Days/times:Appointment Only
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Brands:Vino Volta
- Cases Produced:1000
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 2011 - 2019
- Vineyards:3 hectares contracted, more developing
- Winemaker:Garth Cliff and Kristen McGann
- Facilities:Appointment Only
Vino Volta makes tasty, quaffable medium bodied wines. We like to experiment. We like to play.
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. We are rallying the star varieties - Chenin Blanc and Grenache - of the Swan Valley / Swan District.
We explore grape varieties that should be suited to Swan Valley and our warming climate. We would love to be able to source from within the district and hope to in the long term. For now, we need to source from other regions within Western Australia.
Small batch, showcasing single vineyards but equally happy to blend. Some varieties and some vineyards need a little help from their friends. Whatever works to make the most expressive wines.
Keep experimenting, keep learning and hopefully come up with something new or just so old that nobody remembers what it is…
Let other winemakers, vineyards and wine regions do what they are good at and buy / swap our wines for theirs. Let’s stop making everything everywhere and stick to what we are good at.