Durif Wine Variety Wineries in Swan Valley
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Swan Valley Region
- [email protected]
- (08) 9279 6818
Established in 1980 by Italian migrants Domenic and Iolanda Pinelli, enjoy superb wines and Italian cuisine in the rustic, rammed earth restaurant or gorgeous alfresco area, overlooking the vines.
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Sauvignon,Chenin Blanc,Merlot,Method Traditionale,Dessert,Cabernet Merlot,Muscat,Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Verdelho,Grenache,Durif,Sparkling,Rose,Fortified
- Open Days/times:Cellar door: Everyday 10am - 5pm | Restaurant: Thur – Sun Lunch, Thur - Sat Dinner
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Cellar Door Open:Sunday,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday
- Facilities:Restaurant,Cellar Door
- Winemaker:Domenic Pinelli
- Dinner Open:Saturday,Friday,Thursday
- Cases Produced:17000 cases
- Breakfast Open:Sunday
- Lunch Open:Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Vineyards:7 acres
Open 7 days per week, this award-winning, second-generation boutique family winery produces sparkling, flavoursome whites, rich reds, delicate dessert and fortified wines that have been handcrafted to perfection over the last 35 years.
Enjoy a relaxed tasting at the cellar door or the restaurant, nestled amongst the grapevines of the Estate, offering a delicious modern-Italian menu of platters, pasta and dishes off the grill for lunch and dinner. All meals are complemented with premium, handcrafted Pinelli Estate wines or other local and imported wines, beers or spirits.?
Pinelli Wines was established in the Swan Valley in 1980 by Domenic and Iolanda Pinelli. Having emigrated to Australia from the Molise region of Italy in the mid 1950's, they shared a vision to create a family winery incorporating their Italian heritage, which recognised that good wine needed to be a part of every dining experience.
Domenic gained invaluable experience working for over twenty years with the iconic Western Australian producer of the 1960s, Waldeck Wines, and purchased what he referred to as "the pick of the vineyards of the area" - a 7 acre block in Caversham, Western Australia.
Domenic and Iolanda shared the knowledge and joy of winemaking with their sons Robert and Daniel, ensuring that the winery would continue to grow with future generations. A simple philosophy of ensuring exceptional quality from the vineyard to the glass has meant that from humble beginnings some three decades ago, Pinelli's has now grown to become a second-generation family winery producing around 150,000 litres of wine each year.