Pinot Gris Wine Variety Wineries in Swan Valley
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Swan Valley Region
An ambient, welcoming winery founded by one of WA’s premier culinary families, offering flavourful, generous wine styles and a varied, seasonal and delicious menu.
- Wine Variety:Malbec,Dessert,Fortified,Cabernet Sauvignon,Shiraz,Rose,Chardonnay,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Sparkling Shiraz,Riesling,Pinot Gris,Pinot Noir
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Open Days/times:Thu to Sun 10am to 5pm
- Facilities:Restaurant,Functions,Cellar Door
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000,Small (5,000-49,999 cases)
- Cellar Door Open:Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Lunch Open:Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Cases Produced:7000 cases
- Vineyards:2 hectares
- Winemaker:Digby Leddin
Lamont's began in the Swan Valley in the late 1970s. These days the family also operates a collection of acclaimed restaurants and cafes around WA, in Perth, Cottesloe and Margaret River.
The Lamont family began winemaking when founder Corin Lamont joined with her father Jack Mann to make wines for the family following Jack’s retirement. Jack Mann was an Australian winemaking legend who led the way at Swan Valley’s icon estate, Houghton, for over 50 years.
Lamont's has adapted over the years to create a genuine experience for both enjoying and learning about wines. The designated tasting area has a warm winery ambience and a friendly atmosphere making it a great place to spend time in the Valley. The wine list is quite diverse with over 15 wines including sparkling, dry and sweet whites and reds, and an outstanding range of fortifieds. Casual group wine tastings start from $10 per person from groups of 10 to 60 people.
Lamont's is known widely for their tapas-sized dishes that are designed to share. Tip: The Duck Parfait and Tempura Battered “Shark Bay” Whiting Fillets are classic dishes its loyal diners love! There is also a kid’s menu and tempting dessert selection. The deluxe Wine Tasting and Sit Down Rolling Tapas Lunch offers exceptional value, from just $60 per person. Open Thursday to Sunday, 10am to 5pm.
5 Black Stars & 2015 ‘Dark Horse Winery’ with 6 wines rated 94 points and above.
- [email protected]
- 08 9296 4539
The heritage of WA’s oldest winery, four-generations of family ownership and the ‘dream’ cellar door including a decadent cheese emporium, makes for one unmissable Swan Valley experience.
- Wine Variety:Brut,Cabernet,Cabernet Franc,Cabernet Sauvignon,Cabernet Shiraz,Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc,Chenin Verdelho,Sparkling,Muscat,Petit Verdot,Pinot Gris,Port,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Semillon,Shiraz,Classic Dry White,Gewurztraminer,Grenache,Grenache Shiraz,Malbec,Merlot,Method Traditionale,Shiraz Cabernet,Sparkling Rose,Sparkling Shiraz,Tempranillo,Verdelho,Viognier,Fortified,Rose,Dessert
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Open Days/times:Cellar Door: Mon to Sun 10am to 5pm, restaurant: Mon - Tue 10am to 5pm, Wed - Sun 10am to 5pm
- Cellar Door Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Restaurant
- Lunch Open:Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Monday
- Vineyards:24 acre
- Winemaker:Anthony Yurisich
- Size & Year:Established 1800 - 1850
The Olive Farm property dates back to 1829 and was established by an English botanist named Thomas Waters who brought grapevine cuttings and olive trees with him when he settled in Perth. He planted the olive trees first, hence the name, but wine was soon produced, with the first vintage in 1834. (Much of which became currency for bartering with the local shopkeepers!)
In 1933, Ivan Yurisich purchased the property. He had immigrated from Yugoslavia at the turn of the century and after working in the Goldfields and outback of WA, decided to try his hand at winemaking. The property has remained in the family for four generations.
Historically, The Olive Farm made fortified wines which were sold by the cask to the Goldfields in Western Australia. The winery become one of the first in WA to produce Traditional Method Sparkling wines back in the 1960s. These remain a core of range which is now named ‘Olivine’.
Still table wines were introduced in the 1970s and achieved great success in the local wine shows. The current range is diverse, with over 35 sweet to dry white, red, sparkling and fortified wines. There are all the Swan Valley classics, along with some other surprise varieties like Tempranillo, Traminer, Durif and Cabernet Franc.
The Yurisich family built their ‘dream’ winery and cellar door in 2007. It is set on a 24-acre property in the heart of the Swan Valley and has received significant awards for its architecture and interior design. Visitors are welcome to sample from the full range of wines, with tastings available 10am – 5pm daily. A walking tour of the vineyard and winery can be booked in advance, it begins at 10.30am.
Unique Highlights: The Cheese
Taste and graze from a selection of over 75+ different international and local benchmark cheeses at the family’s Cheese Barrel Café. Just metres from the cellar door, this architecturally-designed gem of a property is a place of wine and cheese-lovers’ dreams. The all-day menu is both flexible and generous, with cheeseboards starting from $35-$40. Free cheese tastings are available too. They are best experienced between 10am and 1pm before it gets too busy. Families, children and even dogs are welcome.
The Cheese Barrel Café is open 10am – 5pm Monday and Tuesday, and 10am-5pm Wednesday to Sunday.
Voted best Swan Valley Cellar Door in 2018, enjoy the stunning restaurant, cellar door and award-winning wines with grapes sourced from Margaret River, Franklyn River and Swan District.
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Wine Variety:Fortified,Sparkling,Cabernet Sauvignon,Cabernet Malbec,Muscat,Pinot Gris,Pinot Noir,Sauvignon Blanc,Tempranillo,Verdelho,Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc,Port,Shiraz,Dessert,Rose,Grenache Shiraz,Petit Verdot,Sparkling Rose,Sparkling Shiraz,Grenache,Malbec
- Open Days/times:Cellar Door: Tue - Sun 10am to 4pm, Restaurant: Tue – Sun 9.30am to 4pm
- Facilities:Functions,Restaurant,Cellar Door
- Cellar Door Open:Sunday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday
- Lunch Open:Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Cases Produced:8000 cases
- Vineyards:10 hectares
- Size & Year:Small (5,000-49,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
Nestled among the vines on a gently winding road near the upper reaches of the Swan River lies one of the jewels of the historic Swan Valley.
Founded by Simon and Maaike Berns in 1998 and named after a small Australian bird which abounds in the nearby tree-lined Swan River, Sittella Winery is one of the newest wineries in the Swan Valley.
Sittella’s Swan Valley vineyard thrives on the fertile soils and Mediterranean climate of hot dry summers and mild wet winters, producing a range of rich, full flavoured wines. Simon and Maaike Berns have been successful in producing high quality traditional wine styles using Verdelho, Chardonnay, Shiraz, Tempanillo and Petit Verdot, and now source grapes from other vineyards in the Swan Valley, their own Margaret River property and and Franklyn River in the Great Southern. Over the past five years, production has increased dramatically with a crush of over 100 tonnes.
Maaike is responsible for the imaginative architecture of the restaurant, incorporating the essence of modern Italy into this wonderful earth-rendered winery.
The winery and Restaurant is open from 11:00am to 4:00pm Tuesdays – Sundays and public holidays.
The Sittella Vineyard is located on a stretch of fertile land 20 km north-east of Perth. In this upper river district, with the Darling Ranges to the east and the Indian Ocean to the west, the warm Mediterranean style climate provides steady winter rainfall and hot, dry summers which produce grapes of wonderful flavour, richness, balance and style. The water supply is a trickle system using bore water. Verdelho, Chardonnay, Shiraz, vines grow over a 5 hectare allotment on rich alluvial sandy loam soils (3 hectares under vine). Recent plantings also include Tempranillo, and Petit Verdot.
MARGARET RIVER ESTATE
Located at Willyabrup, 260 kms south west of Perth. The region’s temperate southern climate has been likened to Bordeaux with its generous winter rainfall, freedom from spring frosts and subdued summer temperatures – the ideal growing conditions for international wine styles. With 2.5 hectares of undulating land and soils are amongst the best in the area. Comprised of red brown loam with some gravel that ensures good natural drainage. Varieties include Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon and Sauvignon Blanc and more recently Malbec to develop a classic red Blend.
Windy Creek Estate is a family owned and operated winery located in the Swan Valley in the shadows of the Darling Range. The best kept secret in wine.
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Merlot,Fortified,Rose,Semillon,Verdelho,Vermentino,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Shiraz,Chenin Blanc,Classic Dry White,Grenache,Pinot Gris,Ruby Port,Sauvignon Blanc
- Open Days/times:11am to 5pm, Tuesday to Sunday and most Monday public holidays.
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Dogs Welcome,Light Food,Picnic Facilities,Wheelchair Access
- Size & Year:Established 1901 - 1950
- Cellar Door Open:Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Brands:Windy Creek Estate
- Wheelchair Access:Yes. Fully accessible parking, cellar door, gardens and toilet facilities
- Winemaker:Tony Cobanov