Metal Work Galleries Art Galleries & Museums in Swan Valley
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Galleries in Swan Valley Region
Located in the old cellars of the Houghton winery, this small art space is the full package; visitors can dine in the cafe, taste beautiful wines and view the ever-changing exhibitions in the gallery.
- Open Days/times:Monday - Sunday 11am - 4pm
- Galleries:Ceramics,Craft,Glass,Jewellery,Painting,Pottery,Metal Work,Mixed Media,Art Gallery
- Open Days:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
With exhibitions changing every fortnight, the Gallery at Houghton features the best selection of handcrafted artwork, including glass-work, jewellery, sculptures, paintings and plenty of homewares and giftwares to purchase.
- [email protected]
- 0414 319 769
Thomas Maurer the inventor of Illusionary art, creates three dimensional illusions on a flat sheet of aluminium using only an angle grinder.
- Open Days/times:Wednesday -Sunday 10am - 4pm
- Represented Artists:Thomas Maurer
- Galleries:Metal Work,Art Gallery,Artist Studio
- Open Days:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
With over 50,000 visitors over the past 10 years, Thomas Maurer has stunned people with his beautiful yet mind-boggling artwork which he creates using only a flat sheet of aluminium and an angle grinder! A completely unique, new style of contemporary art invented by Thomas himself, the three-dimensional moving images produce optical illusions providing a different optical experience for each viewer.
The artworks on display at Thomas' shed can be purchased, or if you want a one-of-a-kind piece, Thomas also creates individual commissions to your own specifications.